• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know a few people heading there to join the militia. I hope there is a peaceful end to this.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    This thing is starting to get a life of its own and is attracting every anti-government hot head in region. IMO, BLM should back off before this turns in to Waco all over again. The man already lost in court and I believe he will lose in the court of public opinion if all the facts are presented. We only see what is being presented to us by people who stand to benefit by the public seeing it as they do. If someone does not decide to be an adult here, there is gonna be more unnecessary bloodshed.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This thing is starting to get a life of its own and is attracting every anti-government hot head in region. IMO, BLM should back off before this turns in to Waco all over again. The man already lost in court and I believe he will lose in the court of public opinion if all the facts are presented. We only see what is being presented to us by people who stand to benefit by the public seeing it as they do. If someone does not decide to be an adult here, there is gonna be more unnecessary bloodshed.

I agree, he should give up so Reid and his Son can have their chinese solar plant.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I agree, he should give up so Reid and his Son can have their chinese solar plant.

There are things I would be willing to sacrifice my freedom or my life over. I don't know enough about this situation for this to be one of them. And I am betting, when all the facts are out on the table, it won't be then either.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Are they fat brat eaters as implied by another post?

Well, they are just like most people on here. That said, I've not met most of the members on here, but I can certainly say these people are respectable and upstanding. A couple are fat and they all eat brats, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Well, they are just like most people on here. That said, I've not met most of the members on here, but I can certainly say these people are respectable and upstanding. A couple are fat and they all eat brats, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

It was a presumptuous post that appeared to be from someone who doesn't know any (militia members). I am hoping it can be corrected by someone who does know some.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Bundy claims to have gotten the rights to have his cattle graze the land (which has been in his family for centuries) and has paid the requisite dues to Clark County, NV, but BLM has decided they control the land and therefore Bundy needs to pay up at the federal level.

If this is true, he has been paying the county for years and then the Feds decided they needed a piece of the action :dunno:

:popcorn:
    The Feds have been asking for payment for decades. He used to pay it but stopped. They didn't just start asking for it out of the blue.

I'm very puzzled why they're using so much force. I don't support the rancher's free loading, but I see no reason for an armed stand off. Plenty of similar cases have been settled without the use of force, why did they choose to surround this man? It is entirely excessive. I don't support the route of action the Federals have taken. This could have been settled with two officers, not 200.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've read a couple of instances where the government has taken land away from the rightful owners. In one case, a mountain that was owned by two Native American sisters was taken. The government said their horses were grazing on land owned by the government and penned them in fences. The sisters removed the fences several times and continued their fight for years. It was discovered the mountain was very valuable and contained all kinds of precious elements. I would assume, the land is owned by the government by now. I will try to find a link to that story.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The Feds have been asking for payment for decades. He used to pay it but stopped. They didn't just start asking for it out of the blue.

I'm very puzzled why they're using so much force. I don't support the rancher's free loading, but I see no reason for an armed stand off. Plenty of similar cases have been settled without the use of force, why did they choose to surround this man? It is entirely excessive. I don't support the route of action the Federals have taken. This could have been settled with two officers, not 200.
    Not that it is the gospel truth, but someone mentioned he had always paid his rent to the county in which the property is located and they started refusing payment. I do not even know where to go to read anything that is just not stories and 100% fact.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Not that it is the gospel truth, but someone mentioned he had always paid his rent to the county in which the property is located and they started refusing payment. I do not even know where to go to read anything that is just not stories and 100% fact.
    True. I had read he paid the county fee but not the federal fee for some 20 years.

Top Bottom