• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I AM a BIG supporter of law enforcement. Perhaps moreso than even some of the still-working LEO's.

That said, I'm not confident I can support the BLM on this. For certain, the BLM needs to back off this, and right now. Like yesterday.

From what I can gather from everything posted by you good folks here on both sides of the debate, Bundy WAS paying the Feds for the grazing rights. But, PART of that 'grazing rights agreement' was that the Feds were to help maintain and improve the area in question. The BLM stopped doing so, for whatever reason, so Bundy stopped paying them.

That's fair of Bundy. IF (and I'm not there so I don't know) did break the 'agreement', then Bundy shouldn't continue to pay them. In fairness then, the BLM can't then claim Bundy wasn't paying therefore they'll just 'kick him off'.

Confiscating the cattle is stupid. The cattle don't know what the heck is going on, they just eat, poop, and make baby cattle.

Whoever is 'right' or 'wrong' is, at this point in time, irrelevant. THAT can be settled in court. The fact that, apparently, the Governor of Nevada and the local (Local, County, State) law enforcement agencies appear to side with Mr. Bundy is VERY telling to me that the BLM is wrong, and should be telling to anyone following the story.

Be that as it may, the BLM needs to leave the cattle alone, and back way off this. IF Mr. Bundy needs to arrested, then let the Governor call for Bundy to turn himself in, or let the State Attorney General go out and arrest Bundy, himself.

I don't know WHO, to be honest, is pressing the issue for the BLM, but back off it. They're going to get someone seriously hurt or killed over this. Despite what the BLM and BLM supporters might think, they do NOT have 'the upper hand' in this issue. There's armed personnel, and snipers on BOTH sides of this argument.

For chrissakes, they now have Americans from half the country showing up to support Mr. Bundy. And the numbers appear to be growing. The entire U.S. military doesn't have that many personnel. What, are they going to start nuking American citizens? Does the BLM intend to turn this stupid disagreement into an all out civil war?

Obama, get yer lazy azz busy and get these BLM 'troops' out of there before someone really gets hurt. These are all good men, LEO's and citizens. We do NOT want them at each other's throats, for god's sake.

Just one guy's thoughts here, that's all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, I AM a BIG supporter of law enforcement. Perhaps moreso than even some of the still-working LEO's.

That said, I'm not confident I can support the BLM on this. For certain, the BLM needs to back off this, and right now. Like yesterday.

From what I can gather from everything posted by you good folks here on both sides of the debate, Bundy WAS paying the Feds for the grazing rights. But, PART of that 'grazing rights agreement' was that the Feds were to help maintain and improve the area in question. The BLM stopped doing so, for whatever reason, so Bundy stopped paying them.

That's fair of Bundy. IF (and I'm not there so I don't know) did break the 'agreement', then Bundy shouldn't continue to pay them. In fairness then, the BLM can't then claim Bundy wasn't paying therefore they'll just 'kick him off'.

Confiscating the cattle is stupid. The cattle don't know what the heck is going on, they just eat, poop, and make baby cattle.

Whoever is 'right' or 'wrong' is, at this point in time, irrelevant. THAT can be settled in court. The fact that, apparently, the Governor of Nevada and the local (Local, County, State) law enforcement agencies appear to side with Mr. Bundy is VERY telling to me that the BLM is wrong, and should be telling to anyone following the story.

Be that as it may, the BLM needs to leave the cattle alone, and back way off this. IF Mr. Bundy needs to arrested, then let the Governor call for Bundy to turn himself in, or let the State Attorney General go out and arrest Bundy, himself.

I don't know WHO, to be honest, is pressing the issue for the BLM, but back off it. They're going to get someone seriously hurt or killed over this. Despite what the BLM and BLM supporters might think, they do NOT have 'the upper hand' in this issue. There's armed personnel, and snipers on BOTH sides of this argument.

For chrissakes, they now have Americans from half the country showing up to support Mr. Bundy. And the numbers appear to be growing. The entire U.S. military doesn't have that many personnel. What, are they going to start nuking American citizens? Does the BLM intend to turn this stupid disagreement into an all out civil war?

Obama, get yer lazy azz busy and get these BLM 'troops' out of there before someone really gets hurt. These are all good men, LEO's and citizens. We do NOT want them at each other's throats, for god's sake.

Just one guy's thoughts here, that's all.
    They don't care about the cattle as pets. It's cash. It's security on a perceived debt. The govt just goes and takes and does what it wants because they believe might makes right. They have been bathed in power and titles for so long they forgot who allows it. Now the boss is standing up.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    BLM with snipers. sheesh. The secretary of the interior is normally a patronage job. Sally Jewell. Former CEO of REI. What a joke. Now we have ANOTHER Obama appointment about to self-destruct.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anyone actually think the feds will back down with their tail between their legs no matter how wrong they are? If they cave in here, others might think they're weak.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    BLM with snipers. sheesh. The secretary of the interior is normally a patronage job. Sally Jewell. Former CEO of REI. What a joke. Now we have ANOTHER Obama appointment about to self-destruct.

The head of the BLM that is running this was appointed just 7 days ago.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Update: Feds Retreat from Armed Standoff, Returning Cattle to Bundy Ranch
    [h=2]BUNKERVILLE, NEVADA—Breitbart Texas’ Managing Director Brandon Darby offers new images from the scene of a reported standoff between law enforcement and armed militia attempting to slow traffic to the point of shutdown on Interstate 15.[/h] 1:01pm Pacific -- “It was strange to see armed ranchers and militias stand off against a federal SWAT team under a bridge in a desert wash," Darby said. "After a few tense moments, the feds agreed to retreat and allow the ranchers and the militia to guide the remaining cattle back to tracts of land used by the Bundy ranch. Both sides were demanding the other disarm first. Both the ranchers and law enforcement refused; ultimately the federal agents began to walk backwards behind retreating vehicles and leave the area.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Update: Feds Retreat from Armed Standoff, Returning Cattle to Bundy Ranch
    [h=2]BUNKERVILLE, NEVADA—Breitbart Texas’ Managing Director Brandon Darby offers new images from the scene of a reported standoff between law enforcement and armed militia attempting to slow traffic to the point of shutdown on Interstate 15.[/h] 1:01pm Pacific -- “It was strange to see armed ranchers and militias stand off against a federal SWAT team under a bridge in a desert wash," Darby said. "After a few tense moments, the feds agreed to retreat and allow the ranchers and the militia to guide the remaining cattle back to tracts of land used by the Bundy ranch. Both sides were demanding the other disarm first. Both the ranchers and law enforcement refused; ultimately the federal agents began to walk backwards behind retreating vehicles and leave the area.
    They'll be back.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It appears that the BLM was acting under a court order which Bundy refuses to acknowledge. It's OK to say that BLM and Bundy disagree, but with a court order, Bundy either complies with the fees or appeals.

I guess my sympathy card ain't gonna git mailed just yet.

This isn't Randy Weaver.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    It won't be over. They'll let it get out of the media and be back. They'll hit harder. I think this was a test by the Feds to see what kind of resistance can be expected if they were to try something larger or something of more significance.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The downside of all this? I spent over 20 years hunting in Colorado. The ranchers treat BLM land like they own it. Some even posted "no hunting" "no trespassing" signs on public lands. So it ain't always certain that ranchers are acting on behalf of all of us. Follow the money.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It appears that the BLM was acting under a court order which Bundy refuses to acknowledge. It's OK to say that BLM and Bundy disagree, but with a court order, Bundy either complies with the fees or appeals.

I guess my sympathy card ain't gonna git mailed just yet.

This isn't Randy Weaver.

Irrelevant, they were beating protesters and putting guns in people's faces issuing threats. Not to mention the fact they were setting up "first amendment zones."

They are in direct violation of our constitution, the contract between the people and the government that the government is granted its power to govern from.

No matter what order or BS they come up with, they broke their contract to the people. They no longer have the authority to issue anything.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Harry Reid linked to 5 Billion Chinese solar plant project in Nevada on land these cattle are currently on.
    U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant | Reuters
    Harry Reid's Son Representing Chinese Solar Panel Plant in $5 Billion Nevada Deal
    BOMBSHELL ? SENATOR HARRY REID IS BEHIND NEVADA BUNDY RANCH LAND GRAB | The Gateway Pundit
    ALLEGATIONS SURFACE THAT SENATOR HARRY REID (D-NV) IS BEHIND THE BLM LAND GRAB OF BUNDY RANCH TO HELP CHINESE COMPANY

Shocking Allegations Show Harry Reid, Chinese Company Behind Nevada Ranch Standoff

The Bureau of Land Management, whose director was Sen. Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations.

Deleted from BLM.gov but reposted for posterity by the Free Republic, the BLM document entitled “Cattle Trespass Impacts” directly states that Bundy’s cattle “impacts” solar development, more specifically the construction of “utility-scale solar power generation facilities” on “public lands.”

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Irrelevant, they were beating protesters and putting guns in people's faces issuing threats. Not to mention the fact they were setting up "first amendment zones."

They are in direct violation of our constitution, the contract between the people and the government that the government is granted its power to govern from.

No matter what order or BS they come up with, they broke their contract to the people. They no longer have the authority to issue anything.

They have a court order. Did Bundy show up for the hearing? Did Bundy appeal?

Top Bottom