• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, the Americans who chose to resist the King of England were wrong and foolish to engage in a fight against the most powerful military force in the world. They must have been really stupid. I mean, they were surely doomed to fail, right? Obey. Submit. May your chains rest lightly upon you.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You shouldn't have to give up your firearm, as it currently stands, but if an officer asks to disarm you, it's best to comply. You're not going to dissuade an officer who wants to take your firearm, from taking it.
    I DID!
    And neither the officer nor his supervisor touched any of my guns!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If they ask if you have a weapon and you respond like that what are you expecting as a response? "Oh ok then, have a nice day"
    Doubt that'd happen, seems if an officer asks this question then things are already going downhill, unless you get one of the officers who doesn't think guns should be limited to just government employees and just asks to see a ltch (which has been seen on ingo a few times).
    When asked if I had any weapons or drugs in the vehicle, I answered " nothing illegal", (even though I had drugs AND guns, all legal by the way, in the car!) and had no problems. Got a warning for speeding that time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, the Americans who chose to resist the King of England were wrong and foolish to engage in a fight against the most powerful military force in the world. They must have been really stupid. I mean, they were surely doomed to fail, right? Obey. Submit. May your chains rest lightly upon you.

What legal recourse did they have?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    First of all, there is a legal mechanism to beat these cops. It's called a lawsuit. Violence in this situation is not only foolhardy, it's excessive.

Second, Sun Tzu says to not engage in a fight you can't win. If you want to try your odds in this circumstance, it's your funeral, hero.
    Why does everyone jump and assume violence. I'm not gonna physically resist a cop. At least not for a traffic stop. I agree that's just stupid. But if I'm disarmed because they forced me out and illegaly searched me yes I will file a lawsuit.
    im talking about the badge bunnies that wanna scream out I HAVE A PISTOL ON ME as soon as a cop is at their window thinking that gives them some sort of cred with the officer or brownie points. Stupid!!! Dont inform them of ****. It ca only lead to bad things and not good things. Be respectful and don't answer questions because you can and will only incriminate yourself. Take your fine and be off.
    if they ask about a gun don't say yes I have one. Simple. Peaceful exercise of your rights.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Taking only what you want from my post and turning the words around to fit your agenda is typical from you. The sad thing is that you probably have a lot to offer but your approach leaves nothing positive.

Did I take your, 'Wow. Good luck cowboy' comment wrong? Was that your positive approach? It seemed rather dismissive and snarky, as if you were attempting to turn a piece of someone's post around to suit your own agenda.

Now I know you have to have the last word in so carry on with your agenda.

You sure do whine a lot when your own attempt at snark gets reversed on you. The least you could do is learn from it, make it more challenging ...something.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What legal recourse did they have?

The same legal recourse we have today: to petition the government to side against itself and hold itself accountable.

I'll still offer resistance, knowing full well that historically it leads to being shot at.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No, not at all the same legal recourse we have today.

We have many, many avenues they did not have.

We also live under a government that can identify targets, respond, and kill the crap out of people a lot more quickly and on a much larger scale.

The big differences between then and now is that it's multiple people instead of one and they're a lot better at doing all the same things that started all of this back in the 1770s.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    And if a person were eager to comply and upon first mention of handing over the weapon they just grab it in effort to hand it over? Bang.

I don't see this being as far a stretch as you make it out to be.

Did you see the video where the officer asks the man for his drivers license (he had just gotten out of his truck when approached)? He turned to retrieve it from his vehicle and was shot repeatedly in the back... for complying with the officers request.

There was the case where the cop on the driver side of the car told the driver to hand him the gun, the officer on the other side didn't hear the command and shot the driver to death.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    What a stimulating thread. Legal recourse? - Oh please........ If they decide not to fight you in court they can always just ignore you or claim they they're "authorized" to do pretty much anything they want. Like that Sherrif in Georgia who tossed the flash bang into a sleeping baby's crib while raiding an address "provided" by a confidential informant (a junkie). Over a million dollars in medical costs so far for that family who were not guilty of a single crime. You can't prevent that by fighting in court (until after that fact) and those cops haven't been charged with anything yet (though several "officers" had to seek counseling with the Chaplin cuz they feel so bad about the whole affair). It's "we the people" vs. The Govt. and The Govt. makes up all the rules and runs the courts and has all those fun toys and cages to toss you into. +++1 on Rhino's post.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So if I understand correctly, if a cop asks for your gun without cause and you refuse, they'll call in a drone strike?

No, no, I've got it. If the cop does that, the situation ends up in some sort of constitutional violation and you sue, they'll call in a drone strike.

Gotcha.

Educational.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Soap box rant...

I have worked with LEO's from all walks of life over the last five decades. MOST of them are damn fine people who I call friends. Almost all of them started their career with good intentions. Some of them make bad decisions, like the rest of us.

I do not condone the actions of a few bad or rogue cops. I would imagine the percentages of bad cops are nearly identical to medics, firefighters or factory workers....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The percentage of bad actors is small, perhaps smaller than most other occupations. The difference is the amount of power those bad actors have to affect the lives of people.

Top Bottom