• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    What is everyone’s thoughts and experiences on SCCY?
    I’m looking to get my first ccw, and I have a price limit of 250. I will never carry a high point so I’m looking at other options. SCCY is a affordable option but I don’t know anyone that has experience with them.
    sccy was not around when i got my 1st ccw.. my first was a smith& wesson J frame 38 spl.

Butch Williams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Twelve Mile
    Oh I can afford guns with a much higher price. It’s just a limit my wife put. I’m also looking at a Taurus G3c
    I work at the gun counter, at our local Rural King.
    We carry both, the SCCY and the Taurus G2 and G3 series. The G3c is light years ahead on the SCCY, ergonomically and quality wise.
    The SCCY magazines are very much, hit and miss. At our store, we had one, split up the back on the first loading. The weld looked like it wasn't really done.
    The other one, on a new in the box gun, wouldn't lock the slide back. We have spares in stock, in both cases we replace them.
    Also, the triggers on the Taurus G series are "different", but the triggers on the SCCY are a whole lot worse.
    The G3C, FWIW is about $20 more the the G2C, but the 3, also come with 3 mags, rather than 2.
    As I recall, Taurus has a $20 rebate offer going on.
    I personally own a couple of the G3Cs and have no qualms carrying them or recommending them to face to face friends.

CopperheadL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Usa
    I would recommend you go to a range and see if you can try before you buy. In the case of SCCY, i had one. if you go that route i would recommend a trigger kit and a SCCY cpx 1 ( it has the safety) you can even get one with a red dot if you choose. But whatever way you go, try a range out first and put some lead down range, even try a few different calibers out. you might find that a 9mm isn't your fit. I know mine is a 45 acp.

reload45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    I live in Bloomington and the gun stores don’t really have options. But I’m leaning towards the Taurus.
    I bought a Taurus GX4 few months ago. The company is improving was once a bad image of bad quality in their firearms. My GX4 is a reliable and accurate pistol,never jammed,eats up all factory rounds and my reloads. Used to carry 5 shot Ruger or S&W .38spec revolver. Now a converted concealed 9mm semi auto defender.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I've been carrying for 31 years and my first carrying gun was Taurus.
    I've owned alot of Taurus guns though the years and have shot a few G2c's, never an issue with Taurus.
    My deep concealment gun is a Taurus.
    Get the Taurus and don't think twice about it
    Never shot or owned a Sccy, so no help there.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    True but the only place to actually buy a gun where I live in rural king and they have a small selection.
    Seriously, one of the best gun shops I’ve ever been in is in Bloomington! I guess you haven’t heard of Four Seasons Gun Shop on Morton Drive? They have a HUGE selection of handguns and they are super nice people! You should really check them out sometime, if your wife will allow it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seriously, one of the best gun shops I’ve ever been in is in Bloomington! I guess you haven’t heard of Four Seasons Gun Shop on Morton Drive? They have a HUGE selection of handguns and they are super nice people! You should really check them out sometime, if your wife will allow it.
    Now that's just mean! :lmfao:

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    They're just really high priced. I've never been there either but have heard the horror stories from those that have.

Although I just went to check reviews and most seem positive, so maybe they've improved.
    Their website was a complete joke. They seem pretty lazy based on the effort put into the website so probably high prices.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My LGS has an entire section of SCCy because during this panic, I think it was all they could get in, so they stocked up on them. It doesn't appear they are moving any of them. I have never personally looked at or handled one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Their website was a complete joke. They seem pretty lazy based on the effort put into the website so probably high prices.
    I have done a couple transfers through them. But nothing else. They seem to hold weird hours. I think they may live across the street from the shop and will come over and open it up if they see someone.

The last time I went, I had to call a number on the door and a lady came over to unlock the shop and handle my transfer. She was nice and it was the middle of covid and she didn't care if I didn't wear a mask.

They had a lot of guns on the wall, mostly military but like was said, high prices. Shop didn't appear to merchandized in a way that one would think they were a serious business looking to be successful.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Interesting how much people focus on the initial cost of a firearm. Yet, when you factor in the cost of ammo, holster(s), spare mags, cleaning supplies, case, ear/eye pro, training, etc., it’s a fraction of the total cost of ownership
    That's a bingo, but there's some more good advice for the OP that can be extracted here..... when she asks how much the gun cost, remember she ONLY asked about the GUN, no need to offer more info than requested :thumbsup:. And in today's market, don't ever bring up the cost of ammo.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Theres a lot of good points about NOT skimping on a SD weapon. That said, i was a Taurus hater for a long time based on old history and perception. A trusted acquaintance recommended a G2C a couple yrs ago. Its an excellent piece and was 100 % reliable. Read all the reviews on line- you'll be hard pressed to find any negatives on this gun. It may be the only new $250 piece I’d ever buy. Good luck.

Top Bottom