Not open for further replies.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    From the sounds of it there are going to be a lot of people.
    Next time you do this if you need a larger I building. I might know where one is ;)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Got some parts in today but lower probably will not get here in time. I am going to bring an AR that I traded for and I want to put a new stock on it. Also I have found that there is considerable play on my selctor switch. The switch works but is real loose, I ordered a new spring for it will this fix it or do I need someting else?

One other question and I don't want to make a big issue (don't want to waste anyones time) out of it because I shoot a lot anyways. I know we can't fire rifle ammo at this range but if I got 5 bucks could I empty a few magazines out of my Beretta or Ruger 22/45? I have shot at MCFG a few times and really like it. If its to cold like below 40 I wouldn't be interested anyways.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If you pay the $5 guest fee, you'd be welcome to use the range.

As for your selector, I believe your spring may be the issue, or you are missing the detent.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you pay the $5 guest fee, you'd be welcome to use the range.

As for your selector, I believe your spring may be the issue, or you are missing the detent.

Yay! Now you guys who were skeptical about my BDE can get the chance to try her out! BYOA of course! Now with that bit of info I will be bringing my five bucks to shoot aswell!

Thanks for all this!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Cool, how do I check for missing detent? Do you think someone will have one for sale if I need one? I heard that someone will be bringing some extra parts just in case.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Take your grip off. There will be a spring under there that is held in the lower by the grip itself. At the end of that spring (inside the lower) there should be a small bullet-shaped detent (you may have to shake or tap the lower while its inverted to get the detent to fall out). If it is not there, then voila, you've found the problem!

Yes, Brad from CDC is going to be there and he will have small parts on hand and available for purchase.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Just to make sure we are all on the same page, this thing starts @ 2:00pm. Don't arrive early because I won't be there yet and the gate will still be closed!

I'm going to try and have a sign made-up that I'll post in the median of US136 so those of you who are not familiar with the club can find it!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Thanks VUPDblue, I have been looking forward to this build party and meeting you. Even if I don't learn anything (doubtful) it will be fun putting faces to names.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll be looking forward to meeting lots more of you guys too! I'll be sporting my INGO hat and my secret-squirrel avatar/name tag from the NFA shoot!

This bears repeating since some of you are going to get some trigger time:

NO AMMO IN THE CLUBHOUSE!

This rule is necessary to prevent NDs and promote safety. If you are going to use the range, please keep all your gear in your vehicle, and transport it to the firing line when you want to use it. At no time is there to be any ammunition inside the clubhouse. From what I've met of you all, there is no better a group of shooters anywhere and we are all 'friends' but if you bring ammo into the clubhouse on Sunday, I'll ask you politely to leave.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Just to be clear should we disarm completely before going into the club house. I carry IWB loaded of course and will leave it in the car if I have too.
    I know this sounds paranoid or stupid but if a "bad guy" was reading these post, they might think it an easy score of about 10-15 AR15's with no ammo alowed in the clubhouse. I would feel better if someone (VUPDblue) had a sidearm ready to go. Don't beat on me but I just want to make sure.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There's ample opportunity at the club to walk-off with $100k worth of shotguns weekly. Hasn't happened yet, and we've been there for 80+ years. I don't think it is going to be a problem, but I am going to stick to my guns and say no ammo in the clubhouse period. There's too much opportunity for an accident with ammo or loaded firearms in the clubhouse. I wouldn't want a conversation like "what do you think about the new Smith and Wesson 9000 magnum? I have one right here in my pocket, lemme show you BANG!" to happen. Any ammunition or loaded arms must be handled only on the firing line.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Fair enough. One last minute question, I may not be able to find a babysitter, if not can I bring my son he is 10 and well mannered. I am not sure yet if the wife has to work on Sunday so thats why am asking.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You know your kid better than I do. I'd say you are welcome to bring him as long as he has a very 'hands off' approach. Also, I know that the atmosphere/language at these kind of things can be surley at times, so use your best judgement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom