Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Had a friend once that treated the tip at a restaurant the same way. He'd tell the waiter/waitress, "Hi, I'm Jeff, and this is the way I do the tip. Here's twenty dollars (lays a twenty on the table), that's where we start. Each time something bad happens - my glass goes empty - my food is delivered cold - the check is inaccurate - etc. I take money away and put it back in my pocket. Savvy?" Jeff NEVER got bad service and I mean NEVER.
    I was told by an Uncle of mine that that was how a tip was given in the old days and would actually be the proper way to give a tip today.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Had a friend once that treated the tip at a restaurant the same way. He'd tell the waiter/waitress, "Hi, I'm Jeff, and this is the way I do the tip. Here's twenty dollars (lays a twenty on the table), that's where we start. Each time something bad happens - my glass goes empty - my food is delivered cold - the check is inaccurate - etc. I take money away and put it back in my pocket. Savvy?" Jeff NEVER got bad service and I mean NEVER.

Well, that's one way to get them to spit in your drink.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that's one way to get them to spit in your drink.

Well, if it got too low, yeah, but I suspect that the tip probably never gets too low because of the excellent service. If you start out giving someone a great tip comparative to the price of the meal, and knowing how bad some people actually tip, I imagine the server would do right by you.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, if it got too low, yeah, but I suspect that the tip probably never gets too low because of the excellent service. If you start out giving someone a great tip comparative to the price of the meal, and knowing how bad some people actually tip, I imagine the server would do right by you.

This is why the service I get at my regular eateries is always good. I tip well.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can someone please confirm that this is in fact Kut?
    Are we sure he hasn't been absconded with, and replaced with this more likeable version?

Seriously though, I too am impressed with this thread.
    My hat is off to you Kut.
    This is not at all what I had expected when I opened this thread, and don't ask what I did expect.

Trump was by far, not my first, or even second choice for POTUS either, but I'm glad to see him getting a fair shake to start.
    I'll watch this thread with great interest, and chime in on occasion.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bane speech out of Batman. "give it back to the people".

From Imdb: Gracchus (Character) from Gladiator (2000)

Gracchus: So, after Rome's all yours, you just give it back to the people. Tell me why.
    Maximus: Because that was a dying man's last wish. I will kill Commodus. The fate of Rome, I leave to you.

Dark Knight Rises was
    sooo 2012

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Watching the National Prayer Service... I gotta say, I'm a little uneasy about singing "God Bless America" and "The Star-Spangled Banner," in the House of the Lord. Just seems weird, has it always been like that (which I suspect)? Anyways not a reflection on Trump - score unchanged.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I've always been uncomfortable with it as well Kut, I've attended churches that do it every "nationalistic" holiday, veteran's, 4/July, memorial day etc. Always seemed wrong to me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Watching the National Prayer Service... I gotta say, I'm a little uneasy about singing "God Bless America" and "The Star-Spangled Banner," in the House of the Lord. Just seems weird, has it always been like that (which I suspect)? Anyways not a reflection on Trump - score unchanged.

i grew up singing them in church. You guys ever sing Onward Christian soldiers to a pipe organ and brass section? Moving.

VP Pence was clearly moved, he cried during How Great Thou Art

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Catholics sing God Bless America in church not infrequently. Can't say I can recall hearing the National Anthem in church, it is much more militaristic.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So will this rating be entirely subjective, or are there some measurable and objective standards?

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

Move-busting is off the table, eh?

Top Bottom