Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Watching the National Prayer Service... I gotta say, I'm a little uneasy about singing "God Bless America" and "The Star-Spangled Banner," in the House of the Lord. Just seems weird, has it always been like that (which I suspect)? Anyways not a reflection on Trump - score unchanged.

Grew up Methodist. Remember pretty well there were certain 'Patriotic' songs in our hymnals. I can't recall if we ever sang any of them though.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Seems perfectly appropriate to me, Kut.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
    Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with vict'ry and peace may the heav'n rescued land
    Praise the power that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto - "In God is our trust,"
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Gee, if Trump's speech at the CIA merited a robust standing ovation by the 400 agents/analysts present, you'd think it'd merit at least a point or two!

:rolleyes:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Watching the National Prayer Service... I gotta say, I'm a little uneasy about singing "God Bless America" and "The Star-Spangled Banner," in the House of the Lord. Just seems weird, has it always been like that (which I suspect)? Anyways not a reflection on Trump - score unchanged.

Our hymnal has several. And we do sing some a couple of times a year. Been going on for a long time, and at every church I've ever attended.

The phrase "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" predates Donald Trump.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Do we have a similar Obama thread started in 2008?

This thread is invalid without a comparison to the immediate past.

Obummer all but handed this country over to the Mideast terrorist, whatever acronym they are using today, and the Chinese. Some think that Obummer and HRC can do/did no wrong and Trump will never do right.

Yes, Trump has done some awkward things media wise, but his heart is truly 100% American.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Obummer all but handed this country over to the Mideast terrorist, whatever acronym they are using today, and the Chinese. Some think that Obummer and HRC can do/did no wrong and Trump will never do right.

Yes, Trump has done some awkward things media wise, but his heart is truly 100% American.

This thread is valid, and about Trump and the good or bad decisions he makes that affects my view (and others) concerning his presidency. If you'd like to make an Obama/Trump presidency comparison thread, knock yourself out. The purpose of this thread was clearly stated in the OP.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    I'm not knocking myself out on anything.

State what you will. My opinion is your underlying tone is to discredit Trump.

I don't need to phone a friend, no second guesses. This is my final answer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Go troll someone else's thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To judge a presidency against values, which is what the OP stated, doesn't require a comparison of other presidencies. It only requires values to judge against. Values are subjective. So they may not be the same as yours.

/denny

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, I guess Trump's SPOX went on a tirade this afternoon. Apparently, the WH is upset with all the reports and memes about how lightly attended his inauguration was yesterday. During his tirade, Spicer stated Trump's inauguration was the most heavily attended ever according to what I've read.

I've seen subsequent pictures that clearly show the first side-by-side comparisons as obvious hack jobs. As to whether it was more attended than Obama's 09 inauguration....who knows. I kind of like Trump going after the press, calling them out, and holding them accountable. Bush's namby-pamby, "thankyou sir, may I have another", sort of pacifism certainly didn't work. Trump's surely ruffled some press' feathers.

So the question is: Is that a +1 or -1 for Trump?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

My opinion is that your underlying tone is to discredit former President Obama.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, I guess Trump's SPOX went on a tirade this afternoon. Apparently, the WH is upset with all the reports and memes about how lightly attended his inauguration was yesterday. During his tirade, Spicer stated Trump's inauguration was the most heavily attended ever according to what I've read.

I've seen subsequent pictures that clearly show the first side-by-side comparisons as obvious hack jobs. As to whether it was more attended than Obama's 09 inauguration....who knows. I kind of like Trump going after the press, calling them out, and holding them accountable. Bush's namby-pamby, "thankyou sir, may I have another", sort of pacifism certainly didn't work. Trump's surely ruffled some press' feathers.

I want some of what Spicer is smoking. Honestly who really cares?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Again, it's completely irrelevant to anything at all... just a cheap argument for the Left to try and make, but I'm willing to guess Obama's inauguration was absolutely larger.

However, the photo everyone is talking about was before the prime-time. I've seen another, much-fuller photo from Trump's.

But, talking about it is what they want. Spicer was probably wrong to say it was "the largest", but he's doing what he's told. He's saying what the media wants to hear, and now they're going to be talking about that instead of anything important. I'm very interested to see how far the media is willing to be guided and led from the real news into talking about inconsequential stuff like this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I want some of what Spicer is smoking. Honestly who really cares?

Trump does. :D. But I think the main point of contention is the side-by-side photos that were clearly misrepresentative of the actual attendance. I could understand an argument that that was only done to diminish Trump's new administration and/or feed the narrative of Trump being unpopular. The other part about being the highest attendance is typical Trump hyperbole. (IMO)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As of now I'd say it's a wash. Would have been a +1 if Spicer hadn't stated Trump's inauguration was the most heavily attended without actually having the official attendance estimates. Fake rebuttals isn't any better than fake news.

Now, if we find out that Spicer was correct, I'll bump that to a +1.

Top Bottom