• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got my minituck in the mail today. Took a quick shot of the 43 in it next to my 26 in the Galco King Tuk

Just have to go see Mark at Bradis for some sights and run some defensive ammo through it before it gets in the rotation. Thinking Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals (at first glance they seem a bit lower profile than the Trijicon HDs which I have on my 19, so that would fit right in with the more streamlined theme). I'll have to wear this holster a bit to get it broken in. I may end up trimming the end near the top of the slide. My King Tuk stops at the end of the slide, but the Crossbreed extends just a bit.

Also put the Vickers mag release in it last night. I really like the Vickers rounded mag release for the Gen 4 guns and the Glock 43.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I see Ghost has a couple of connectors for the 42/43. Which one is the preferred model?

(Also, I notice they're carrying mag extensions with extra power springs now.)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The Edge connector is the drop in unit, the Pro will need some fitting.

I put the Edge in my G43 and I am pleased with it.

That said, I won another G43, w00t! An since I decided to keep it I ordered a couple more of the Taran +2 mag bases and one of Tarans connectors as well.

Once I get them installed I will compare the two connectors.

I am debating on if I should buy the extra power mag spings to run with the Taran +2 bases, but I have yet to have any feeding issues, although, the added security has merit.

I am sort of waiting to see what magguts.com comes up with in regards to a different follower.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    While at Bradis today, Mark showed me the +2 Ghost mag extensions. They come with a spring, and looks like about 1/2 the price of the Taran Tactical. However, they did not have any stock in currently. I think I'm going to get 1 when they come back in and give it a go.

Mark also hooked me up with the Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals for the 43.

Finally, I checked out the demo 43 that they had the Ghost Connector in, and amazingly neither I nor Mark felt much significant difference in my trigger and the Ghost, so based on his recommendation, I did not go with the connector and left my gun stock. Apparently I got a 43 with a decent trigger. I was wondering when I heard everyone else saying their OEM 43 trigger was so heavy, if I was just that insensitive to a heavier trigger or what. My 43 trigger feels pretty similar to all my other Glock triggers. I have not measure it on a trigger pull scale, but its very close to the pull I felt with the Ghost.

Thanks as always for answering all my questions today Mark!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm really considering trading a pistol I don't shoot often for a 43 for a smaller cc. I mostly cc my g19 or m&p but something small would be nice for many occasions. This thread is making my decision easier. :)

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Hell I love my 43 but it being winter time, I have been carrying my 21 lol. It sure does remind one how easy it is to carry such a small gun.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Apparently I got a 43 with a decent trigger. I was wondering when I heard everyone else saying their OEM 43 trigger was so heavy, if I was just that insensitive to a heavier trigger or what. My 43 trigger feels pretty similar to all my other Glock triggers. ...

Hmm. Makes me wonder if Glock has made some quiet changes with the 43's guts.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    My second G43 trigger was no where near as bad as my 1st one, the Ghost connector made a huge difference. That said, I got the TTI connector in today and installed as well as my normal trigger polishing work, both guns feel the exact same now.

Also note, the new TTI mag bases I got in today also came with some springs. The springs are noticeably longer, but have the same amount of coils, they also are obviously a plus power spring. That said, when I installed them, I really had to make sure I seated the mag with a small bit of more force than my mags with factory springs. Since I have not had any problems with the factory mag springs, I chose not to use the TTI mag springs.

I also got another set of the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights, and another Concealment Express holster, this holster is for left side carry.

That said, I have yet to find a dual mag carrier or even a single mag carrier that doesn't seem huge for what is needed.

That is all.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My second G43 trigger was no where near as bad as my 1st one, the Ghost connector made a huge difference. That said, I got the TTI connector in today and installed as well as my normal trigger polishing work, both guns feel the exact same now.

Also note, the new TTI mag bases I got in today also came with some springs. The springs are noticeably longer, but have the same amount of coils, they also are obviously a plus power spring. That said, when I installed them, I really had to make sure I seated the mag with a small bit of more force than my mags with factory springs. Since I have not had any problems with the factory mag springs, I chose not to use the TTI mag springs.

I also got another set of the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights, and another Concealment Express holster, this holster is for left side carry.

That said, I have yet to find a dual mag carrier or even a single mag carrier that doesn't seem huge for what is needed.

That is all.

I have found that I really like the comp-tac mag carrier for my G43.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Just picked up a G43 yesterday. Already ordered a INCOG holster, some Taran Tactical base plates, and a Taran trigger connector.

Looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Now I can carry two!

G431.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I am letting another Officer "BORROW" mine for this weekend, and then just last night my wife and my daughter who just got a job as an RN working nights at ST Vincent's, decided we would drop by the range today and then enjoy lunch in between their holiday shopping session(s), so I had to get the "ORIGINAL" G-43 spare out of the safe for the daughter to shoot along with the wife's G-17.
    Me? My Glock-22 gets a lunch of plane-jane 165 gr Winchester FMJ today.
    Should be fun!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I put the ghost +2 mag extensions on my G43, they work great with no issues. They are 1/2 the cost of TT ext.
    I don't seem to shoot it as well as the G26 but a little more trigger time should solve that problem.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Here's my question. Why would you replace the glock 26 with the 43? Purely based on thickness? If you're carrying it with the extended mag it's more likely to print than the glock 26 would be...

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Here's my question. Why would you replace the glock 26 with the 43? Purely based on thickness? If you're carrying it with the extended mag it's more likely to print than the glock 26 would be...

I'll be carrying the extended mags as reloads and not as the one in the gun while carrying.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'll be carrying the extended mags as reloads and not as the one in the gun while carrying.

I see...Ideally you never really want to reload though...I mean everything I've seen where 4 thugs bust into a place wielding guns and start exchanging fire usually doesn't involve reloading....I've never ever seen someone reload in a real scenario aka most likely/typical scenario...That's why I'm wanting to move away form the 42 into something with higher capacity.

The incident either ends with them fleeing after getting rounds chucked at them or someone getting mortally wounded. I would NOT want to reload vs 4 bad guys with guns...I can post videos for reference if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom