• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sure there is: You are responsible for your actions at 18. If you act immaturely and irresponsibly, you will be held both responsible and accountable. This may result in the loss of things you don't want to lose, among them your property (a fine, or your gun), your liberty (jail time), or even your life.

And while those resultant losses of property or liberty may be appealed in court, the fact that you will be held responsible and accountable is a certainty, if we do things right.

Tell your 18 year olds this and that they are not immune- it doesn't only happen to other people. Teach them that before they are 18- long before.

There's your solution.

Blessings,
    Bill
    bingo!
    and that's why we need less restrictions and laws pre-policing us. Let people have the choice and ability to **** up. And let the good people continue to be good people. Consequences for bad actions. Not oppression.

i think that by 16 you should be graduated and a legal adult. It's only since like 100 years ago that this wasn't the case. Hell didn't Alexander the Great conquer the world before he was 30? Minds are more brilliant then you get they are. Les stop using age as a crutch or pre-damning our youth because of a number.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    My 18 year old with some months on top just applied for his permit. There was stipulations along with this huge responsibility and this was discussed prior to him applying. He will go through a law abiding and responsibility class of owning and carrying , a handgun class, and maybe one with me because it's the father/son thing to do. He is in college so while he's at school he cannot carry on campus and one more stipulation is that he himself isn't allowed to buy a gun yet until he's completed all classes. Regardless of what allowed or what's legal these are my stipulations, this is what I as a responsible parent feel is the right thing to do. He agreed with it so he applied last week.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My 18 year old with some months on top just applied for his permit. There was stipulations along with this huge responsibility and this was discussed prior to him applying. He will go through a law abiding and responsibility class of owning and carrying , a handgun class, and maybe one with me because it's the father/son thing to do. He is in college so while he's at school he cannot carry on campus and one more stipulation is that he himself isn't allowed to buy a gun yet until he's completed all classes. Regardless of what allowed or what's legal these are my stipulations, this is what I as a responsible parent feel is the right thing to do. He agreed with it so he applied last week.
    i was gonna ask why he's following your rules when he's an adult but I think you answered it in your last sentence. You must be paying for his college. I hope he does a private sale behind your back and buys a gun (which is legal) and I hope he Carry's everyday on campus so that he doesn't get killed in a gun free zone. I hope he does follow through with the training too.
    sometimes the thing we feel is right as parents isn't. Pre-18 they have no choice but when they are 18 they do and we as parents don't. Unless you trick, intimidate, or bribe them. I won't do that to my kids

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    i was gonna ask why he's following your rules when he's an adult but I think you answered it in your last sentence. You must be paying for his college. I hope he does a private sale behind your back and buys a gun (which is legal) and I hope he Carry's everyday on campus so that he doesn't get killed in a gun free zone. I hope he does follow through with the training too.

Again, I hope more than anything he turns out to be responsible gun owner and if he wants to finish college my guess is he will abide my his fathers rules before anything. He's my son and he will abide by my rules regardless of how responsible he may seem. These are my rules I'm paying his bills and a gun on iupui campus is a no no when he's living on campus.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    sometimes the thing we feel is right as parents isn't. Pre-18 they have no choice but when they are 18 they do and we as parents don't. Unless you trick, intimidate, or bribe them. I won't do that to my kids

In no way shape or form am I saying your are correct or incorrect in your thinking. I am however saying you have your kids and rules and I have mine. That's all I'm saying. I respect your thoughts but he is my son and those are my guidelines.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Again, I hope more than anything he turns out to be responsible gun owner and if he wants to finish college my guess is he will abide my his fathers rules before anything. He's my son and he will abide by my rules regardless of how responsible he may seem. These are my rules I'm paying his bills and a gun on iupui campus is a no no when he's living on campus.
    Yeah that rule is probably going to be overturned by the state legislature so what then?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I like where this thread headed. ;)

Choices.

Consequences.

There re are choices and consequences to almost every decision anyone makes. I'm just trying to guide him on making rational and responsible choices so his consequences are minimalized as much as possible. I understand my son is of legal age but it's also my responsibility to assist him as much as I can in making good choices. This being a responsible parent. I would like him to be an outstanding person and an asset to the community and himself.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There re are choices and consequences to almost every decision anyone makes. I'm just trying to guide him on making rational and responsible choices so his consequences are minimalized as much as possible. I understand my son is of legal age but it's also my responsibility to assist him as much as I can in making good choices. This being a responsible parent. I would like him to be an outstanding person and an asset to the community and himself.

I'd like that as well. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I had a pink card at 18, but had prior experience carrying a sidearm on my uncle's cattle ranch in Morgan County.

It's all about training. It is not how old an individual is, but what software have you loaded onto the platform.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He knows there will be no consequences, same as last time. What sort of pressure do you believe you are putting on him?

How does your pressure differ from what I would call nagging? :dunno:

The constitutional right of petitioning one's government is not "nagging".

I know to collect Libertarian starburst points, one needs to pretend not to care about Liberty because one is entitled to it, like every everything else in the Libertarian cosmology, but exercising rights is important to (some) of us.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I had a pink card at 18, but had prior experience carrying a sidearm on my uncle's cattle ranch in Morgan County.

It's all about training. It is not how old an individual is, but what software have you loaded onto the platform.

Well said. Training is an endless aspect. Not one of us should say we don't need anymore because we know enough or have enough training under our belt.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The constitutional right of petitioning one's government is not "nagging".

I know to collect Libertarian starburst points, one needs to pretend not to care about Liberty because one is entitled to it, like every everything else in the Libertarian cosmology, but exercising rights is important to (some) of us.

You keep doing the Republican nagging thing, it is your right.

I recommend crucifying people, it sends a stronger message.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

It goes back to this:

As long as people keep putting pressure on Speaker Bosma to actualy do his job this year
    He knows there will be no consequences, same as last time. What sort of pressure do you believe you are putting on him?

How does your pressure differ from what I would call nagging? :dunno:

Why didn't we turn Bosma's name into a pejorative the last time he didn't actually do his job? Why didn't we give him consequences for his choices?

i.e. "I wonder if he'll just Bosma the bill again?"

We have instant access to social media and all we use it for is chatter? How bland. String some folks up for the crowd, make some demands, become the media.

Top Bottom