• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And yes. Yes I will take care of my son for as long as I live. That is my responsibility to do so if required. This is called being a father. What makes me more.. he's not even legally mine. I met my wife when he was 2, I have raised him to be the mature man he is now. I have him the option when he was 16 to take my name or keep his out of respect to him and his family. I raise him when his father wants nothing to do with him. I strongly suggest you watch your tongue and bite your gums when you speak about my family. STRONGLY..
    Oh yeah you do huh? You gonna threaten me? Because I STRONGLY recommend you know who in the **** you are threatening before you do so because I take my safety and my families very seriously and will protect them from any whackjob that tries to harm us. So I sincerely hope that wasn't a threat and you just let your internet persona get ahead of your brain

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok fellas. Lets all step back and take a deep breath.
    I have stated in open forum that in thread warnings will be observed so to save me coming back in here tonight Thread closed until morning.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good morning.
    Lets hope cooler heads prevail today.
    Any further dust ups and there will be time outs awarded.
    How long depends on you guys.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Applied for mine the day of my 18th birthday. Plenty of people 21 and older that have no business carrying firearms yet do. Age argument is a bad one.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Applied for mine the day of my 18th birthday. Plenty of people 21 and older that have no business carrying firearms yet do. Age argument is a bad one.

Yep. It really is a per individual thing. As a parent, If you feel your 18 YO is not responsible enough to carry a gun, I doubt you would gift a gun to him in the first place.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yep. It really is a per individual thing. As a parent, If you feel your 18 YO is not responsible enough to carry a gun, I doubt you would gift a gun to him in the first place.
    I will not gift him a gun in any event simply because no one did for me and I think earning it on your own is better in this case. At least for him. I am guilty of over providing if I am honest, being the only child, with little effort on his part... As noted before the thread derailed, what can you really make an 18 yr old do? Nothing.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I will not gift him a gun in any event simply because no one did for me and I think earning it on your own is better in this case. At least for him. I am guilty of over providing if I am honest, being the only child, with little effort on his part... As noted before the thread derailed, what can you really make an 18 yr old do? Nothing.

I say gifting because an 18 YO cannot buy a handgun on his own. If you choose to make him earn it, fine. You can't make him do anything, but you can guide him in the ways of safe and responsible carry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both my kids applied and got their LTCH at 18.
    They were and are both very responsible in this.
    They had been shooting since age 12.
    Both were of them received their 1st handguns at age 16. They were in fact mine due to the law but they were used exclusively by them. They holstered them when the pink came.
    Son's was a Colt 1911 Officers in stainless.
    Daughters was a Browning BDP in .380

I never had a bad thought as to their ability's to carry.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    He's safe - more so that a lot of the adults I see coon fingering things at the range when they shouldn't be. He has been shooting handguns since around 10 or 12. He has target pistols, a rifle, and a couple trap shotguns that are his, but under my control. I made I perfectly clear that while they are his he will not use them without my approval. Not to mention with the $ involved in some of them I don't what him coming home telling me he traded on for a used car... I know I did some hair-brained crap when I was 18... He's been traveling with the shotguns since he could drive to shooting events and practice. I guess the handgun issue for me is a different level of responsibility.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

It`s just opinions. My opinion is 18 isn`t mature enough generally. Some agree with me, others don`t but it`s just opinion.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It`s just opinions. My opinion is 18 isn`t mature enough generally. Some agree with me, others don`t but it`s just opinion.

I would agree generally. Because generally, people are idiots.

But there is a vast array of maturity in 18 year olds.

If 18 year olds are not mature enough to carry. Then it is not mature enough to fire a machine gun in defense of this nation.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You've obviously never taken an oath to your country? That can be done at 17, and you get to play with a WHOLE lot better **** than any other 18-100 y.o. that didn't take an oath!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I would agree generally. Because generally, people are idiots.

But there is a vast array of maturity in 18 year olds.

If 18 year olds are not mature enough to carry. Then it is not mature enough to fire a machine gun in defense of this nation.

But again, that is not a statement of fact, but of opinion.

Top Bottom