• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Both of my girls got their LTCH while 18.

Neither of them carry. Took my oldest out again two weeks back to do some shooting and talking. She doesn't feel that she could use the gun in a defensive way and that it would be taken and used against her. I keep chipping away at it. Hope to be able to get another intro class at my range, which I would bribe her to go to.

No way will I make them uncomfortable having guns. They know how to be safe with them. They know enough to be able to check most for loaded, and they definitely know how to follow the rules with them.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I agree to some extent. It's not fun being chastised in public however humans are three day papers. In three days after it clears the papers you tend to forgot about it or put it on the back burner.

Don't leave it to the papers, humiliate the papers while you're at it for not doing their job.

Be relentless.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Don't leave it to the papers, humiliate the papers while you're at it for not doing their job.

Be relentless.

We all know what side the papers write on. Despite the harassment and public attempts of interventions they still write what they they want to write. Again I'm not disagreeing with your uprising or attempts to. I'm just stating that the paper companies and media are anti.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I like where this thread headed. ;)

Choices.

Consequences.

That is a correct destination, but you have to be reasonable to begin with. Certainly there must be choices and consequences, but, I am of the opinion that if you put someone in the position of having a right before they`re emotionally and perhaps mentally prepared, you set them up to fail, and cause innocents to suffer the consequences of those immature actions. It`s just my humble opinion, but children shouldn`t be given adult rights, because they`re just not ready, generally, to handle adult rights in an adult manner. Are there "some" 18 year olds who are mature enough? I have NO doubt there are...there are potentially a few 16 year olds who are ready and capable of handling the responsibility of making the tough decision of using letal force, but most aren`t, therefore, none should be handed that responsibility. Again, just my opinion.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Be relentless.
    i got called out by bill of rights just for calling the pieces of crap like Bosma who play politics with our rights out. Use honey they said.
    Well honey hasn't worked and it won't. These traitors to their oaths need called exactly what they are. I'm not going to compromise my integrity and sink to their level to kiss their butts like some will.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It goes back to this:

Why didn't we turn Bosma's name into a pejorative the last time he didn't actually do his job? Why didn't we give him consequences for his choices?

i.e. "I wonder if he'll just Bosma the bill again?"

We have instant access to social media and all we use it for is chatter? How bland. String some folks up for the crowd, make some demands, become the media.
    ive been calling him what he is for 2 years at least.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You think it will? Honest question here no smartass intended here. I would love to see it change don't get me wrong I think gun free zones are an absolute joke.
    Yeah I do.
    you hate gun free zones you say but upthread you've created or enforced one for your son by demanding he follow their no guns on campus rule because you are in charge. You are being hypocritical in your words or actions sir. How about you train your son yourself or if you don't have the knowledge get him trained and then tell your son to deep conceal on campus so that he doesn't become a victim and can help someone who might be. That's a good fatherly advice in my opinion but hey we all can't be sheepdogs.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah I do.
    you hate gun free zones you say but upthread you've created or enforced one for your son by demanding he follow their no guns on campus rule because you are in charge. You are being hypocritical in your words or actions sir. How about you train your son yourself or if you don't have the knowledge get him trained and then tell your son to deep conceal on campus so that he doesn't become a victim and can help someone who might be. That's a good fatherly advice in my opinion but hey we all can't be sheepdogs.

Well, maybe he doesn't want to lose his 5 figure investment. His risk/reward calculations might look different from mine.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, maybe he doesn't want to lose his 5 figure investment. His risk/reward calculations might look different from mine.
    Cause losing his son is better?
    deep conceal. If he ever takes it out the. It's to save his life so who cares at that point

like I said, some people will never get the mindset. They will always need someone else to take care of them. Even if they carry a gun they will never use it or if they do they will likely die because they don't know how to use it.
    you just hope the kids start thinking for themselves one day

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    He takes a greater risk losing his son when he lets him drive. We all have our calculus. I personally would carry, but it's a personal decision.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Yeah I do.

Sheepdogs huh.. ok. I'm being a responsible male father figure to my son. I'm teaching him about right and wrong. Can I protect him from the absurd rules that the school carries? No. Can I teach him that there are other ways to protect himself.? Your sure right I can and I have. Do you know how much secondary non lethal companies are making because of these stupid laws that are set in place to "protect" others from gun toting criminals..? A fortune!! I'm getting off topic abbot. My son, along with my family is my top priority and how dare you make it seem like I'm wishing harm in my child because I'm not allowing him take the chance of illegally carrying a gun on campus and getting thrown out and arrested... are you kidding... seriously, I'm red in the damn face right now because your making it sound like I'm the one who's responsible for harm that may incur from him not "deep carrying a pistol". He's in the Kelley School of Business and makes all A's, so yeah here son here a gun I want you to carry in between your sac and hole and hopefully you won't get caught... I should have thought of this earlier... my goodness I have failed as a parent!!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sheepdogs huh.. ok. I'm being a responsible male father figure to my son. I'm teaching him about right and wrong. Can I protect him from the absurd rules that the school carries? No. Can I teach him that there are other ways to protect himself.? Your sure right I can and I have. Do you know how much secondary non lethal companies are making because of these stupid laws that are set in place to "protect" others from gun toting criminals..? A fortune!! I'm getting off topic abbot. My son, along with my family is my top priority and how dare you make it seem like I'm wishing harm in my child because I'm not allowing him take the chance of illegally carrying a gun on campus and getting thrown out and arrested... are you kidding... seriously, I'm red in the damn face right now because your making it sound like I'm the one who's responsible for harm that may incur from him not "deep carrying a pistol". He's in the Kelley School of Business and makes all A's, so yeah here son here a gun I want you to carry in between your sac and hole and hopefully you won't get caught... I should have thought of this earlier... my goodness I have failed as a parent!!!
    All I heard was, Bla bla bla youre red in the face bla bla bla. Less letheal something .... (bahahahahaha)
    Well youre also misinformed because it is NOT illegal for him to carry on campus. Yes he could get kicked out of school but not arrested. NOT ILLEGAL. So before you go all bla bla bla and I'm a man and raising my son the right way on me, then how about you know what YOU are talking about first? Ok? Ok
    you are the one that brought this to the internet and are making bad choices in my opinion and deffinately uninformed decisions.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Cause losing his son is better?
    deep conceal. If he ever takes it out the. It's to save his life so who cares at that point

like I said, some people will never get the mindset. They will always need someone else to take care of them. Even if they carry a gun they will never use it or if they do they will likely die because they don't know how to use it.
    you just hope the kids start thinking for themselves one day

And yes. Yes I will take care of my son for as long as I live. That is my responsibility to do so if required. This is called being a father. What makes me more.. he's not even legally mine. I met my wife when he was 2, I have raised him to be the mature man he is now. I have him the option when he was 16 to take my name or keep his out of respect to him and his family. I raise him when his father wants nothing to do with him. I strongly suggest you watch your tongue and bite your gums when you speak about my family. STRONGLY..

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    All I heard was, Bla bla bla youre red in the face bla bla bla. Less letheal something .... (bahahahahaha)
    Well youre also misinformed because it is NOT illegal for him to carry on campus. Yes he could get kicked out of school but not arrested. NOT ILLEGAL. So before you go all bla bla bla and I'm a man and raising my son the right way on me, then how about you know what YOU are talking about first? Ok? Ok

So he's good on not gettIng arrested but... his college life is over because he carried a gun onto college.. tough choice here.. so many viable options.. what way to go with this one...?

Top Bottom