• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    But again, that is not a statement of fact, but of opinion.
    So, in your opinion, when is a person old enough to sign a contract, and take an oath? 21? 25? At 17, a young adult can sign and swear, and before their 18th birthday, could possibly be calling air or arty on a position halfway around the world? But in your opinion, they shouldn't be able to have a piece of paper or plastic that allows them to carry a firearm when they are home?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So, in your opinion, when is a person old enough to sign a contract, and take an oath? 21? 25? At 17, a young adult can sign and swear, and before their 18th birthday, could possibly be calling air or arty on a position halfway around the world? But in your opinion, they shouldn't be able to have a piece of paper or plastic that allows them to carry a firearm when they are home?

That is correct. The streets of America are technically not a battlefield, and to suggest that concealed carrying, and the decisions that may have to be made, is anything even close to being in battle is too simplistic. But yet again, it`s only my opinion.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That is correct. The streets of America are technically not a battlefield, and to suggest that concealed carrying, and the decisions that may have to be made, is anything even close to being in battle is too simplistic. But yet again, it`s only my opinion.
    To suggest that a person that can read a topo map down to the coordinate required to rain hate on a bunch of ****s, while not getting himself, or his mates killed, is not mature enough to carry concealed on the streets of America(your not a battlefield, may not necessarily equate to everyone else's)is more asinine than opinion!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It`s just opinions. My opinion is 18 isn`t mature enough generally. Some agree with me, others don`t but it`s just opinion.

Yet young people as young as 16 are trusted to drive cars, it takes more responsibilit than carrying a gun in my opinion.
    You can kill more people and quicker by being a bad driver than by having a ND with a gun for example.

At 18 they are also expected to me mature enough to vote for the next leader of their country.

I also believe people should be able to drink at 18 btw.

It's a bit ridiculous that at 18 they can drive, buy carry a gun, vote, join the military ... and yet they are not considered adults when it comes to decide if they should have a beer or not.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You`re quite correct. The rights come from our Creator, the paper, i.e., the Constitution, merely quantify them.
    But, ONLY, if you are over 18? Guess the "creator" is also age discriminatory? How old was David when he took up arms against Goliath?(I really don't know, I am actually asking)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Current law says 18. It may not suppose to be age restrictive.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

Nope. They are technically not a battlefield. However, I have drawn a Glock 22 for a 5 on 1 encounter before my 21st birthday. Tire irons and bats and similar striking weapons. Still the closest in my life I have come to shooting someone. I was taking up the trigger when the closest stopped moving forward. This was almost 20 years ago. It has NOT gotten better recently.

If I followed your rules, I can only hope that I wouldn't have been beat to death.

woodstock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    Sullivan
    I'm 20 years old, I got my LTCH 2 or 3 months after my 18th birthday. I didn't carry for a few weeks after I got my permit. I wanted to see what it was like to carry in public and carried in Linton Walmart the first time I carried I still rember how diffrent i felt mentally that first time. I had broken my leg not long after that and the smallest gun I had available was a glock 19 which was hard to conceal on crutches so I didn't carry much after that first time. I really started to carry regularly after the church shooting in South Carolina which was when I decided I would begin to carry in church. Nearly any time I leave the house and I can legally carry I do it anymore. knowing what people are capable of first hand and knowing what being helpless is like I dicided ever want to be helpless again which is really what motives me to carry

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Technically no they are not.
    The reality is that at any moment anywhere they can be.
    Not sure where you live or where you travel. I have spent a lot of time in and around the city in my job and just being social.
    I will not share the exact number of times I have been motivated to put my hand on my side arm but it is a fair number.

As I stated up thread, my kids both had there LTCH at 18. They had 6+ years each under my tutelage. They are the safety NAZI's when we go to do any shooting.
    Yes, kids all mature at different rates. It is up to us as parents to monitor them but, at 18 they can do this with or with out our blessing.
    I will parrot something already said...we can send them off to foreign lands to possibly die at 18. We dont want them to have the ability to carry on home soil.
    I am not understanding this. Not knocking your opinion and yes, I know mid 20's to 30's that I will not share a range with. Stupid is stupid and can not be fixed.

Not a knock on you. Just having a moment understanding this

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm 20 years old, I got my LTCH 2 or 3 months after my 18th birthday. I didn't carry for a few weeks after I got my permit. I wanted to see what it was like to carry in public and carried in Linton Walmart the first time I carried I still rember how diffrent i felt mentally that first time. I had broken my leg not long after that and the smallest gun I had available was a glock 19 which was hard to conceal on crutches so I didn't carry much after that first time. I really started to carry regularly after the church shooting in South Carolina which was when I decided I would begin to carry in church. Nearly any time I leave the house and I can legally carry I do it anymore. knowing what people are capable of first hand and knowing what being helpless is like I dicided ever want to be helpless again which is really what motives me to carry

if if you don't think I should be able to carry you should know that if I wrote my true thoughts about you I would get banned from INGO.

OK folks. I am just using this post as an example of what not to do. Yes, this is a no no.
    This will only escalate and then I will have to do something about it. I really am getting tired of being the broken record here.
    Any more disparaging comments directed at any member will result in a temp ban.
    Believe it.

woodstock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    Sullivan
    OK folks. I am just using this post as an example of what not to do. Yes, this is a no no.
    This will only escalate and then I will have to do something about it. I really am getting tired of being the broken record here.
    Believe it.
    I'm joking churchmouse should I edit it

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Believe it.

I believe that was a general "you" directed at anyone who doesn't think he should be allowed to carry at his current age.

Demolishing those thoughts would be better than demolishing the people reaching such absurd conclusions, but still, no harm done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No edit needed.
    Jokes should be in Purple so I can gloss right past them.........:):...Your post was just an example and I feel you were actually serious for possibly good reason.

This thread has for some reason been like dealing with an abortion thread. A lot of emotions coming out in here.
    Just stop jabbing at each other. Make your points and move on in the discussion.

-CM-

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No edit needed.
    Jokes should be in Purple so I can gloss right past them.........:):...Your post was just an example and I feel you were actually serious for possibly good reason.

This thread has for some reason been like dealing with an abortion thread. A lot of emotions coming out in here.
    Just stop jabbing at each other. Make your points and move on in the discussion.

-CM-

Emotions often substitute for thoughts these days. I'd prefer to jab at thoughts, but I'll jab at what ever is put out there. ;)

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I have 2 sons, 18 and nearly 21, they are each very different. The 18 year old has his LTCH, has taken a handgun one class, finished his basic training at Fort Benning, has carried some over Christmas break, and is currently at Fort Gordon for AIT. He received a handgun for Christmas. He is continuing to learn the firearms laws for the various states, and will continue some handgun classes this summer. He exercises good common sense with firearms. My older son reacts or speaks right away without putting any thought into it, which gets him in trouble sometimes. We have taken things slower with him, and he has not expressed a real interest in carrying until recently. We just applied for his LTCH over Christmas. He will also take some training classes this summer. I want them both to realize the responsibility of carrying a firearm, and have a high degree of respect for them. As I visit the range, and see posts on the various firearms pages on Facebook, common sense, responsibility, and respect for firearms, are clearly lacking in today's society. It's my responsibility to see that not said of my sons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 2 sons, 18 and nearly 21, they are each very different. The 18 year old has his LTCH, has taken a handgun one class, finished his basic training at Fort Benning, has carried some over Christmas break, and is currently at Fort Gordon for AIT. He received a handgun for Christmas. He is continuing to learn the firearms laws for the various states, and will continue some handgun classes this summer. He exercises good common sense with firearms. My older son reacts or speaks right away without putting any thought into it, which gets him in trouble sometimes. We have taken things slower with him, and he has not expressed a real interest in carrying until recently. We just applied for his LTCH over Christmas. He will also take some training classes this summer. I want them both to realize the responsibility of carrying a firearm, and have a high degree of respect for them. As I visit the range, and see posts on the various firearms pages on Facebook, common sense, responsibility, and respect for firearms, are clearly lacking in today's society. It's my responsibility to see that not said of my sons.

Common sense, responsibility and respect for about "Anything" is lacking in todays society. It has not been ingrained into the young.
    Pretty poor batch of parents and single parent households.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is it my imagination or is INGO getting really thin skinned.

I propose a new challenge coin the INSSGO.

I feel that hammer comming, it's swooshing through the air...

Top Bottom