Man commits suicide at Highsmiths gun shop in Greenfield this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Stick around Harry, you'll soon understand we don't think he's a dick because he offed himself. But because HE did it in a publc place, HE could have easily injured someone else, HE tramatized everyone who witnessed it, or works there. Leaveing the owners to clean up HIS mess, And heaven forbid possibly closeing the shop because of HIM

The decision to end ones own life is the most deeply personal one there is. Just don't put innocent people at risk when you do. More than once I've had to deal with people who suicided in places or in a manner that put me and my team members at risk.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The decision to end ones own life is the most deeply personal one there is. Just don't put innocent people at risk when you do. More than once I've had to deal with people who suicided in places or in a manner that put me and my team members at risk.

I believe it is personal but also very selfish.
    Putting your team at risk also shows little concern for anything else.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Prayers for all those left behind. I just want to explain the man that took his own life was Ill. He was as Ill as someone with Cancer, Heart Disease, COPD etc. A good friend of mine ended his life this way, speaking at his Funeral was one of the hardest tasks I've ever faced. My older brother did the same thing, he didn't use a Gun. I Pray Suicide never touched your lives.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Prayers for all those left behind. I just want to explain the man that took his own life was Ill. He was as Ill as someone with Cancer, Heart Disease, COPD etc. A good friend of mine ended his life this way, speaking at his Funeral was one of the hardest tasks I've ever faced. My older brother did the same thing, he didn't use a Gun. I Pray Suicide never touched your lives.

Suicide has "touched the lives" of many of us, including some of us who reserve our sympathy for the people who were victimized by the person who committed suicide. Some of have had suicide "touch our lives" multiple times. No, the people who deserve sympathy are the people left behind and in this case, the innocents who had this shameful act of passive-aggression forced upon them by an incredibly selfish individual.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Guy I worked with recently retired. Committed sideways a few months later. Had PTSD from multiple deployments to the sandbox. Sought treatment from the VA, but got the bureaucratic runaround. For a while, he acted happy and cheerful, and we thought he was doing better. It was just a cover-up to hide his rage. Sucks for his family and friends.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Suicide has "touched the lives" of many of us, including some of us who reserve our sympathy for the people who were victimized by the person who committed suicide. Some of have had suicide "touch our lives" multiple times. No, the people who deserve sympathy are the people left behind and in this case, the innocents who had this shameful act of passive-aggression forced upon them by an incredibly selfish individual.

Thanks, you're nicer than me Sir.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I hope Highsmiths will be OK after this. Ive been in there a few times and the people who work there are great. Very helpful and friendly. I wish people would think about how their actions affect others. Ill be back spending some money as soon as they reopen.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The guy used a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

very sad for the people that have to deal with the poor choices of others.
    Pretty much what I wanted to say. My thoughts and prayers for his family, and the staff and customers at the range when it happened.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I hope the family can find the peace that my LORD , CHRIST almighty brings me in these times of trouble

I very permanent answer to a temporary problem

I prey that the LORD walk with you !

Top Bottom