• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We can make it about your pants. Speaking of you, BBI had training together the other night and they talked about Pinner. We discussed how that is your favorite caselaw to quote on INGO. That and Texas.

Ohh...CASELAW. Damn it, I thought we were talking about Kirk's favorite coleslaw. No wonder you looked at me like that when I said I bet he was a mayo man.
    Toward, definitely toward. Another reason I might run is if food is at the finish line.

Want to do the Doughnut Judge Me run? https://www.131events.com/donut-judge-me-5k/donuts-indiana/

It's got doughnuts. And running. Pants are probably optional, but I didn't ask.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Where's the "here we go" Joker meme when you need it? In typical INGO fashion, a discussion about one incident involving the police devolves into the ACAB ******** that is so productive to discussions and really makes the INGO JBTs want to get involved. Are you Rooster's shill account? And what job do you do that your performance is as high as Michelangelo, Beethoven, or Shakespeare?
    Officer 'Stein, I never said ACAB. I don't believe all cops are bad. I don't know Rooster, but I did suggest to him that arguing/debating legal precedent with a uniformed LEO wasn't a good idea. You berated me for that too. I don't know what an INGO JBT is. I pointed out factual criminal actions of cops - in Louisville, KY. The quote I attached apparently offended you. I don't know why. Maybe striving to be better at one's endeavors is offensive to you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Officer 'Stein, I never said ACAB. I don't believe all cops are bad. I don't know Rooster, but I did suggest to him that arguing/debating legal precedent with a uniformed LEO wasn't a good idea. You berated me for that too. I don't know what an INGO JBT is. I pointed out factual criminal actions of cops - in Louisville, KY. The quote I attached apparently offended you. I don't know why. Maybe striving to be better at one's endeavors is offensive to you.
    Situations that had nothing to do with the current discussion, but you felt the need to bring them up to insinuate that the rest of LMPD is a bunch of criminals. And the apartment shooting that you refer to didn't quite happen the way that you present it. Maybe having a discussion without bringing up irrelevant things and without making false statements is offensive to you?

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    These situations are always difficult. Hard to armchair it and say what you would have done in the same situation. But I would venture to say most firearms enthusiasts/hobbyists are better "trained" for a confrontation than many police officers. Better marksmen without question also

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Situations that had nothing to do with the current discussion, but you felt the need to bring them up to insinuate that the rest of LMPD is a bunch of criminals. And the apartment shooting that you refer to didn't quite happen the way that you present it. Maybe having a discussion without bringing up irrelevant things and without making false statements is offensive to you?
    The thread was started in regard to the response from Louisville cops performing a "mag dump". My response, post #38, was well within the thread discussion. Frankly, while you chide me for being off topic, there is a full page of discussion about coleslaw, mayo and which direction you'll run if you see BBI's pants. Talk about off-topic. A simple web search provides pages of reporting about officer Hankinson shooting "blindly". The force that employed him fired him for exactly that reason. Mr. Hankinson had two decades of experience as a cop and still chose to shoot "blindly". Law enforcement practices aren't above reproach. Critiquing an officer's response isn't the same condemning the officer. I'm not sure why you have such an issue with me. But it seems wholly inappropriate and without merit. Nothing I've posted is personal or incorrect.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Talk about off-topic.
    I'm not sure why you have such an issue with me. But it seems wholly inappropriate and without merit.
    Are you new here? You don't seem to be new here...
    I would have expected a year is long enough to know how threads go on INGO.

But seriously, don't take it personally - LEO critiques trigger more than a couple of our members.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The thread was started in regard to the response from Louisville cops performing a "mag dump". My response, post #38, was well within the thread discussion. Frankly, while you chide me for being off topic, there is a full page of discussion about coleslaw, mayo and which direction you'll run if you see BBI's pants. Talk about off-topic. A simple web search provides pages of reporting about officer Hankinson shooting "blindly". The force that employed him fired him for exactly that reason. Mr. Hankinson had two decades of experience as a cop and still chose to shoot "blindly". Law enforcement practices aren't above reproach. Critiquing an officer's response isn't the same condemning the officer. I'm not sure why you have such an issue with me. But it seems wholly inappropriate and without merit. Nothing I've posted is personal or incorrect.
    I personally don’t believe any of the “news” reports about that incident. I’m sick of hearing about the woman that was killed, I’m sick of hearing about George floyd, I just don’t care.

The old saying “lay down with dogs, you get fleas” applies here.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Their police force also has or had some issues too. Their was the LEO that chose to fire blindly into an apt. building while serving a warrant for a man that didn't live there.
    Not defending that officer at all. But your statement is incorrect, they were serving a search warrant for that address.
    Justified shootings start to not look justified (or excessive) when the body gets riddled. While the term riddled might mean different things to different folks There is no good way to explain away 25, 30 or 60 hits. That’s way outside that OODA Loop where you can explain away 1-3 shots or a late punch within a second.

In m time with DOJ I have seen a lot of former LEOs doing time for Federal Civil Rights violations in an otherwise legit use of force…until it wasn’t!
    Sheriff Judd seems to have a good explanation. We shot him, a lot. And that was the end of the gunfight.

Or when asked why they shot the suspect 68 times.
    "That's all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more,"

Both seem acceptable.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not defending that officer at all. But your statement is incorrect, they were serving a search warrant for that address.

Sheriff Judd seems to have a good explanation. We shot him, a lot. And that was the end of the gunfight.

Or when asked why they shot the suspect 68 times.
    "That's all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more,"

Both seem acceptable.

They hit him 68x? No way.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They hit him 68x? No way.
    Way. Over 50% hit ratio on a guy hunkered down behind a fallen tree.

Full quote.
    You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9, and he shot and injured another deputy. Quite frankly, we weren’t taking any chances. That’s all the bullets we had or we would have shot him more. I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that’s all the ammunition they had. We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back.” -Polk County, FL Sheriff Grady Judd

Top Bottom