• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, I am running the same pegs. They are Harley not aftermarket. They are very adjustable for your riding style. They slide up or down on the engine guard for if you like your legs high or low. Then they pivot to move your pegs forward or back. On my link you can see I have mine adjusted slightly forward stretching my legs out where IndyIn has his adjusted back, and you can also adjust what angle the pegs are at for how you like your foot placement on the pegs. I love mine and highly recommend them. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...580.1073741838.1380526714&type=1&l=991bfa9a33

I've played with mine for a while, but I can't find the comfortable "sweet spot" I had with my '98.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Ride safe, lost a member of my local Christian motorcycle association chapter in Lafayette yesterday. It even had me questioning if I wanted to continue to ride being a father to a young daughter. Got to remember accidents happen in cars also. The guy who passed away I think prayed for me and my family when my daughter was in the hospital at six days old in 2016 at a meeting (whole chapter did later). I was a mess that weekend and going to that meeting helped back then.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    What highway pegs are you running?

Sorry, didn't see your question until now. I have the 360 degree adjustable highway peg - https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/360-adjustable-highway-peg-mount-kit

I'm 6'6" and have a seat that sits me much further back than stock, so I had to play around with the location unit I was happy. If you can, have a buddy help position them while you're sitting on the bike. I personally don't like pegs that stretch my leg all the way out, I just never felt like I could get back to the floor boards fast enough if something popped up unexpectedly.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    2011 Kawasaki Vaquero, 1700cc. Bought new in Nov 2011, has about 43k miles now. Check out the windshield if you can zoom in...
    Bike Lake.jpg

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Took my bike to be serviced and inspected Wednesday. They called Thursday. Needs new chain and sprockets, front brakes, and rear tire. They won't warranty the tire(again) and was going to run around 800 dollars. Spent 800 on it last year, 200 the year before that. I only paid 1200 for the bike and it is a 97 so I'm selling it back to who I bought it off of to get what I can out of it. With a baby and my wife's work schedule it wasn't easy to get ride time in.

As for the tire, I put two new tires on it, I got a nail in the rear the day I picked it up. Had them put a tube in it, and now somehow chunks of tire is is coming off and separating. Time to get back into Jeep's, at least I can use the all year and is family friendly.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Took my bike to be serviced and inspected Wednesday. They called Thursday. Needs new chain and sprockets, front brakes, and rear tire. They won't warranty the tire(again) and was going to run around 800 dollars. Spent 800 on it last year, 200 the year before that. I only paid 1200 for the bike and it is a 97 so I'm selling it back to who I bought it off of to get what I can out of it. With a baby and my wife's work schedule it wasn't easy to get ride time in.

As for the tire, I put two new tires on it, I got a nail in the rear the day I picked it up. Had them put a tube in it, and now somehow chunks of tire is is coming off and separating. Time to get back into Jeep's, at least I can use the all year and is family friendly.

This is why you buy a tool here or there, and do the labor yourself. I've put 1000 in parts into my bike this year alone, that if I'd have paid a shop to do I'd be out about 2500.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why you buy a tool here or there, and do the labor yourself. I've put 1000 in parts into my bike this year alone, that if I'd have paid a shop to do I'd be out about 2500.

And the tools can be used on everything not just the bike. They will eventually make you money if you keep using them.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

Been riding locally this morning. Swung by the house to grab a bite to eat and take a little break. May head back out for a couple hours, or I may shoot for a little bit. I love Summer weather!

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Just put the springer on it, unfortunately it won't work, sits too low and can't make turns.
    20161129_183822-M.jpg

20161129_183917-M.jpg

Too bad because I love the way it looks.
    20161129_183806-M.jpg

Top Bottom