• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You answered your own question. Save money.

Until you blow up a gun and require medical attention. Sometimes the little bit of money you save up front isn't worth the risk of a much larger payout later. Sort of like saving money by not changing your motor oil.

I shoot a ton of reloads. They are all mine, and I don't use automated powder dispensers.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Why the butt-hurt??
    The physical difference between new manufacture and remanufactured is pretty obvious. I really didn't think they reused powder. As you stated, the bigger difference is in quality control, and judging by the negative reviews on TrajeTech, I'm guessing their quality control standards are not the same as Remington/Federal/Winchester, etc. which is why I don't use them. You shoot what you want. I won't shoot it.

You are confused sir, im not defending TrajeTech i have never heard of them prior to this.

I'm saying its perfectly possible to make quality re-manufactured ammo and some of the top quality ammo is re-manufactured. Wilson Combat ammo another example for example comes off a Dillion. I have shot cases and cases of 38spl re-manufactured i bought from the state police when they switched to 9mm.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Come on. Really?:ingo: I had 2 CZs that were absolute garbage. I've had lots of Sigs and not a single one ever choked. This obviously was not the guns fault but an ammo related problem.
    Oh man the folks on here are ate up with CZ's. Decent guns nothing special, I've had several and own non. U and I have just thrown a stick in the hornets nest.
    OP Hope it all works out.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    You are confused sir, im not defending TrajeTech i have never heard of them prior to this.

I'm saying its perfectly possible to make quality re-manufactured ammo and some of the top quality ammo is re-manufactured. Wilson Combat ammo another example for example comes off a Dillion. I have shot cases and cases of 38spl re-manufactured i bought from the state police when they switched to 9mm.
    I hear ya. Nothing personal, I know alot of people trust the "smaller" shops like Black Hills, Buffalo Bore, etc. The only manufacturer I use besides Federal/Winchester/Speer is Underwood, and that's only because nobody else loads full-bore 10mm.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Oh man the folks on here are ate up with CZ's. Decent guns nothing special, I've had several and own non. U and I have just thrown a stick in the hornets nest.
    OP Hope it all works out.

Tried to rep you but I couldn't. I'm more concerned with the OP's well being then trying to tell him what gun to buy. YMMV

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    A lot of butt-hurt going on while I was fishing haha. I bought the ammo at Knob Creek and watched a fella put a few thousand of the their tracers through his PKM and 1919 at the night shoot. So I figured what the heck, they must be at least half way decent but apparently I was wrong. That other 500rds I have left will soon be broken down and turned into components (I'm going to try to get them to buy them back first).

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If anything, you have learned a very valuable lesson. Wear safety glasses when shooting! Always! I wear safety glasses when I use my weed eater!

Same here. I now wear safety glasses whenever I think there is even a remote chance of something happening to my eyes. I wear them weed-eating, shooting, mowing, last week when we were loading scrap metal, etc.. I have 4 pairs of safety glasses and if I see some cheap ($2) I'll buy them just so I have extras on hand. I stupidly neglected to wear glasses when I started my first job at a battery shop, and I got battery acid in my eyes. Luckily I had no permanent damage, but every day after that at that job I wore safety glasses.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    OP, glad you were not injured any worse. Go to an Opthomologist as soon as possible. He can lnspect the inside of your eye to make sure there's no junk in there. If the round you fired had the bullet pushed back like the round on the ground, that would create a serious over pressure issue.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Tula47,

I had a similar incident happen with Speer Lawman ammo in my Beretta. Couldn't get anyone at Speer/CCI to return calls, talk to me, etc. Finally, I got pissed off enough at them I broke down and called their parent company ATK. Explained the situation and the fact that I still had half a case of their crap. I also informed them that if someone didn't return my call that my next call would be to my attorney and the media.

In less than 48 hours I had a product VP from Federal on the phone who agreed to replace my gun, my prescription shooting glasses, pay my medical bill and replace the ammo. Within a week I had a check in hand and they sent my 4000 rounds of Hydro Shok JHP.

I refuse to buy anything from their Speer/CCI division now, but the guy at Federal did end up making things right and went a little overboard on the replacement ammo - most likely because of how bad the entire situation looked.

There is NO reason for unsafe ammo these days. In my case the Federal guy said that most likely the lot wasn't tested and it was just shipped out the door. All of this happened to me when it was nearly impossible to get ANY ammo - little lone the good stuff.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I will be contacting them for last time tomorrow before I get my lawyer or another lawyer on it. I've now missed two and a half days of work but the good news is that my eyes are slowly getting better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will be contacting them for last time tomorrow before I get my lawyer or another lawyer on it. I've now missed two and a half days of work but the good news is that my eyes are slowly getting better.

Good news about your eyes. I will wager that you never practice without protection again.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Good news about your eyes. I will wager that you never practice without protection again.

You are very right, I bought several pairs of safety glasses to throw in my range bag and in my truck. I also purchased a postal scale and have started weighing each round before I shoot it, no matter who made it.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    You are very right, I bought several pairs of safety glasses to throw in my range bag and in my truck. I also purchased a postal scale and have started weighing each round before I shoot it, no matter who made it.

Trying to help you here. Gun powder is measured in tenths of grains is your postal scale capable of that?

Top Bottom