• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    OK, after reading this thread, I realize that all my guns are pretty pedestrian.

But my fav will always be my old TC Hawkin .50 cal. First gun I ever bought myself. I once won a canned ham with it at a muzzle loader shoot many years ago, and a grizzled old buckskinner slapped me on the back, spit a long stream of tobacco juice in the grass, and said "Yer a pretty good shooter, boy!"

11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    My Springfield M1 Garand and 7.62X51 Jungle carbine. It's a cut down Enfield 2A sold by Gibbs rifle. It is a blast to shoot.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would have to say of the guns (long guns) I own, my favorite would be my Remington 700 Stainless in .30-06. Nothing real special about it, but the trigger is great and the accuracy is better. It is probably best for me because I am a low-speed/high-drag sorta guy! Lol.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    How to choose? Oh, most wow. I guess that depends on what impresses.

.70 cal flintlock pistol?
    .45-70 Lever gun?
    WWI era Luger?
    Boer War Mausers?
    Brace of Ballester-Molina .45's? Maybe those just because the story is so fun. Oh, never mind...long guns.
    My PTR91A3R seems to garner a lot of attention at the range.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The one of mine that draws the most attention at the range is this.

Thompson-03.jpg

I should probably go the SBR rout with this and make it closer to the real thing.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Either my Winchester 275 pump action, tube fed .22mag (personally only seen 2, which means i own 50% of those I've ever seen :):) or the Remington Model 11 I just had chopped (both the history of the gun and that it reminds me of Prohibition / real gangster era)

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I guess there are several categories. Funnest, Most sentiment, Historical. For the funnest I would say the Mini Uzi. Has a good zip and accurate. Have several sentimental ones from several relatives.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    to others It doesn't seem like much but my wow factor gun is my spikes ar just because its the first one I ever built.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The tavor, easily.

zC6uasv.jpg

Right behind it would be a tie between the PTR91 classic black and the Vepr 7.62x54r.

That Tavor looks intriguing! I have had the urge to try a bull pup.

You guys have came up with some really cool guns and some really cool stories to go with them. I especially love the family history ones. Sadly I only have one gun with family history. My late wife's Grandfathers Ithica 16 gauge. It's my boys now. I am going to let him shoot it for his 16th birthday.

I have several guns that I hope my future grand kids will love and charish. Some I have build my self.

Thanks for sharing the info/history! keep-em coming. I love it!

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    6mm Remington, pre-64 action, Apex barrel, French Walnut stock, butt plate and grip cap by Al Biesen , 24 lpi checkering, crafted by the late Kieth Stegall. Replacement today by his protege might reach a whole bunch.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Currently I would have to say it is my newest acquisition, my new BCI Defense AR-15 carbine. A nice quality rifle being manufactured and assembled in my hometown is a big wow factor to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd have to say either my M1 Garand, or my FN49. 8 rounds of 30-06 or 10 rounds of 8mm semi-auto goodness. In a close 3rd (almost a 3 way tie really) would be my Swedish Mauser M96. It's definitely my most accurate rifle.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    These two tend to draw a lot of attention at the range, and have been fired by numerous strangers. Good way to meet new people.:laugh:

Top Bottom