• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    No, no, rogue meteors, Obamacare, and even Star Trek 5 and the Star Wars "sequels" are all better than required classes, OC, and Glocks.

What worse than a Glock? A Glock with a safety, of course. Why put a safety on a non-lethal weapon? Oh, you didn't know, did you? Glocks are non-lethal weapons, because they are so ugly that as soon as you draw your gun the bad guy would be doubled over puking his guts out from an insurmountable sense of disgust. They're kind of like those pink pepper sprays for lady joggers in spandex.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Just to let you know, Ruger has some interesting videos on youtube and on the Ruger website, that deal with tactics, beginner carry, awareness, and different weapons. They don't replace real training, but they do give good information.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I found this yesterday.

Chainsaws….

Everyone knows you should not use something like a chainsaw if you do not know how to use it properly. Or if you think you might hurt yourself or someone else. It is the same with firearms. If you do not feel comfortable with one, either don’t have one or learn to use one properly.
    Why Good People Should Be Armed - YouTube

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the "force on force" training being referred to is not hand to hand type fighting. It's firearm training using simunition rounds, putting you into specific scenarios, where you actually use a firearm to shoot someone. See the website for midset labs, which is here in Indiana.

I have been looking at this. ^^^^ It is very interesting. My definition of the term may differ from others.
    We have always considered Force on Force to be responding in kind to a threat...open hand, respond in kind, weapons, same deal. Train to disarm knife/gun if to close to respond with my sidearm. Use any and everything within reach to defend. Respond quickly and with enough "Force" to end the threat immediately. I spent a few hrs. yesterday learning some new techniques and will share them with my group as soon as I get them mastered.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I found this yesterday.

Chainsaws….

Everyone knows you should not use something like a chainsaw if you do not know how to use it properly. Or if you think you might hurt yourself or someone else. It is the same with firearms. If you do not feel comfortable with one, either don’t have one or learn to use one properly.
    Why Good People Should Be Armed - YouTube

Good analogy, 3steps.:yesway:

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    You shoot when you are reasonably afraid of imminent serious bodily harm or death (your own or another persons).

The catch in this is, of course, what is "reasonable".

If you're in your own home and the person you're shooting at is an intruder, such fear is per se reasonable.

Outside your home but on your property, I think there's still a strong presumption that you are reasonable in fear of an intruder.

Out in public? You'd better be sure the threat is clear and imminent. If you go looking to be a hero and insert yourself into the situation or cause the escalation, then you'd better not bring your gun out. If you start the fight that ultimately leads to you shooting someone, you'll have a hard time claiming self-defense.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    There is a solution to this "training required to carry" conundrum. Training is essential. At the same time we want to minimize infringements upon our essential liberties.

We require education for our kids. Make firearms training "common core" to the Indiana required curriculum. Then, everyone (raised in Indiana) is trained however carry isn't explicitly tied to whether or not you received training. Its sort of like mandatory civics education.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is a solution to this "training required to carry" conundrum. Training is essential. At the same time we want to minimize infringements upon our essential liberties.

We require education for our kids. Make firearms training "common core" to the Indiana required curriculum. Then, everyone (raised in Indiana) is trained however carry isn't explicitly tied to whether or not you received training. Its sort of like mandatory civics education.

I couldnt disagree more more I don't want everyone to know how to properly use a weapon the kill rate/injured would go up in shootings

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    When you live in Indiana, IC 35-41-3 has all the appropriate times you can shoot someone...and whenever you are in fear for your life...like if a former inamte is on your porch and you and he have a paperwork trail a mile long with death threats to your family. I would still call the cops first, to let them know to send the coroner...

Top Bottom