• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I've got a $25 starbucks card that's burning a hole in my wallet. How about we raffle it off to an INGOer with the proceeds of the raffle going to a 2nd Amendment related charity?

Cool. I'll bid $25.

We have cards that tell a business that we won't support them for not supporting our rights.

Why not have a card that states we support them for supporting our rights?

Seems this would be a good occasion.

That would be good considering the companies that have previously folded to their tactics:
    Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores.

Because of course, those that would comply with the signs are the ones you need to worry about. :rolleyes:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i must admit have been to starbucks more because of their stance on guns. me and my peeps will be their that day. i always order a large chocolate icey thing. thats is really how i order it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've got a $25 starbucks card that's burning a hole in my wallet. How about we raffle it off to an INGOer with the proceeds of the raffle going to a 2nd Amendment related charity?

I bid $15

Cool. I'll bid $25.

That would be good considering the companies that have previously folded to their tactics:

Because of course, those that would comply with the signs are the ones you need to worry about. :rolleyes:

I would give $35 if the proceeds go to the CCRKBA. The NRA and GOA don't need the $35. Well, they might need it, but CCRKBA could use it more Imo:dunno:

Guys, I hate to tell you, but a raffle requires some specific state license, so the bidding ends on that card now. I don't want any of the members, nor INGO, to run afoul of the law. Hooky, if you can find another way to legally give it away, you're welcome to do so.

Blessings,
    Bill

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    I'll be in China that day. While they have Starbucks, they don't have OC.

Or CC.

Or gun ownership.

(Sounds like Barry O. and Diane Feinstein's kind of place. For sure.)

I'll be with you all in spirit though.

Check out this factual brochure from the group sponsoring the boycott...

Your Increasing Risk of Being a Victim of Gun Violence « Gun Victims Action Council

I will never understand the type of rationale presented in the brochure. How does limiting the amount of legal guns reduce the risk?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I will never understand the type of rationale presented in the brochure. How does limiting the amount of legal guns reduce the risk?

It doesn't.

That is not the point.

Gun control has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with control.

May all the statist pigs burn in Hell.

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I'll be in China that day. While they have Starbucks, they don't have OC.

Or CC.

Or gun ownership.

(Sounds like Barry O. and Diane Feinstein's kind of place. For sure.)

I'll be with you all in spirit though.

Check out this factual brochure from the group sponsoring the boycott...

Your Increasing Risk of Being a Victim of Gun Violence « Gun Victims Action Council

Well they are 1 for 3.

"You are at medium risk if people are legally allowed to carry guns in some of the places you go."

Because until some becomes all, we will not be at low risk.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    While you are the moderator and make/enforce the rules, I beg to differ with you regarding the impact of Indiana Charity Gaming laws and this thread. Those laws apply to games of chance. Because he called it a 'raffle' does not make it so...

What we have here is simply an auction of physical property (the Starbucks card) to another individual (the highest bidder) as happens on eBay everyday, millions of times. The seller is free to donate the proceeds as he sees fit. (and take the tax deduction as well).

At worst case he may need a yard sale permit...

Thanks ---

--- NavyVet

Guys, I hate to tell you, but a raffle requires some specific state license, so the bidding ends on that card now. I don't want any of the members, nor INGO, to run afoul of the law. Hooky, if you can find another way to legally give it away, you're welcome to do so.

Blessings,
    Bill

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Stig it's part of the divide an conquer routine. Much the same as the election process. Many candidates run for the party nominee but drop out over time to throw their support for another party candidate. While people may not like that candidate they figure the one they wanted to win the nomination can't be wrong if he's supporting another runner.

The Brady campaign has been caught with it's foot in it's mouth a few times before. People I think have started to wisen up to their tactics. So now we are starting to see even more groups come out against guns.

While I have no proof, I could easily believe that the Brady group and some of the other larger anti-gun groups are also behind these new groups. These new groups spout the same type of rhetoric and stats as the bigger older groups.

This is all just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Although not a coffee drinker, I will find something to buy at Starbucks. Even if I just buy something for someone else there (kind of a pass it forward idea, but let them know why).

We really need to support the organizations that take an 'official' stand in support of our constitutional rights.

Last edited:

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    I like Starbucks. Drive 3+ miles some times go get my fix. 3.00 for a large is a lot of money buy i am addicted to strong coffe and gas station coffe do not work for me. Be there as always......

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I should be in Indy that day.

Please let me know if a meet up gets put togeher and I will see if I can get it to fit the schedule.

Top Bottom