• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Could you take those two pieces of shot with you and leave them there?

An intriguing notion. I'm not sure they want them either, though. I think both are a little too... red... for the Chinese. :):

I'll make a point of visiting the local Starbucks on the 14th, though. Maybe I'll wear an NRA t-shirt, if I can get it past the TSA.;)

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I work in Marion directly across the street from starbucks. Anybody interested in a meet up at that location? I have actually never been there despite the close proximity but would love to go spend a little cash for a good cause.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Plucked from another forum I'm on:
    Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012 - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

Looks like the anti-'s are planning a boycott of Starbucks starting on St. Valentine's Day, due to their "local stores follow local laws" policies. Might be a good time for us pro-'s to stop in for a cup of Joe.

OC, of course!

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't go often, but I'm going to make a point to visit Starbucks a couple times on Valentine's Day.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Hmmmnn

I like the way you think. Maybe I need to pull out some NRA gear, a winchester hat and camo pants and sit down for some overpriced coffee.

Plucked from another forum I'm on:
    Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012 - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

Looks like the anti-'s are planning a boycott of Starbucks starting on St. Valentine's Day, due to their "local stores follow local laws" policies. Might be a good time for us pro-'s to stop in for a cup of Joe.

OC, of course!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife get's her Starbucks fix when she meets "the girls" once or twice a week to chat. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but they are certainly on my "approved" list. They treat my wife and her friends (and their toddlers) very well every week (they bought more high chairs when they found out the group wanted to meet there every week, for instance). I also remember the OC discussions on INGO a while back, when we first learned their "we follow local laws" policy. I suppose Starbucks is rather refreshing!

I'll be OCing to a couple of them on 2/14 to show my appreciation. Maybe get a muffin and some hot chocolate? :rockwoot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've got a $25 starbucks card that's burning a hole in my wallet. How about we raffle it off to an INGOer with the proceeds of the raffle going to a 2nd Amendment related charity?

I bid $15

Cool. I'll bid $25.

That would be good considering the companies that have previously folded to their tactics:

Because of course, those that would comply with the signs are the ones you need to worry about. :rolleyes:

I would give $35 if the proceeds go to the CCRKBA. The NRA and GOA don't need the $35. Well, they might need it, but CCRKBA could use it more Imo:dunno:

While you are the moderator and make/enforce the rules, I beg to differ with you regarding the impact of Indiana Charity Gaming laws and this thread. Those laws apply to games of chance. Because he called it a 'raffle' does not make it so...

What we have here is simply an auction of physical property (the Starbucks card) to another individual (the highest bidder) as happens on eBay everyday, millions of times. The seller is free to donate the proceeds as he sees fit. (and take the tax deduction as well).

At worst case he may need a yard sale permit...

Thanks ---

--- NavyVet

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. It's still off-limits here, as such things go in the Classifieds and something for sale requires an asking price.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate the pointer, as you're correct. It would be an auction, thus legal, but still in violation of INGO rules, so the most you get here is a :yesway: for trying to do something good and a :nono: for the :rules:
    Oh. And a rep for good info.

Blessings,
    Bill

linkinpark9812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lake County, Town of Munster

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I just sent them an e-mail thanking them for recognizing our rights as laid out by our state and stated that myself and several others will be stopping by on 2/14 to show our support and thanks. It would be great if corporate would also hear from us directly concerning this matter.

Top Bottom