• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My message to Starbucks

I jusr went to their web site and sent this on their contact us link for corporate contact.

It has come to my attention that a small group of anti-civil rights activists are calling for a boycott of your company on Valentine's Day.
    Starbucks has communicated a policy that local stores are to use local laws pertaining to the civil, and more importantly, our God given right to self protection. Starbucks should be lauded for respecting that right and I want to first express my gratitude for your establishing this common sense policy.

Second, I will be visiting my local store that day to show my support for your policy.

Third, I am contacting my friends, neighbors and relatives to do so as well.

Finally, the Indiana Gun Owners forum is rallying support as well. This forum has over 19,000 members and we hope to get every last one of us into one of your stores at least once on that day.

If you care to see what is being discussed there, go to:https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/191625-starbucks_needs_our_help.html

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I love Starbucks coffee. But I always had the impression they were a bunch of liberal sheepeople that would kick me out for OCing. It looks like I have a good reason to use the Starbucks gift card my aunt got me for Christmas now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    We don't have a a Starbucks in Seymour so going to make it harder for me. There is one guy who works in my office that loves Starbucks and often drives to Columbus to get coffee. :rolleyes: Maybe I will offer to buy his Cup of Joe that day if he will make it a point to go.

Scratch that he is Anti-Gun. But it still might be fun to see if he would sell out for a free cup of coffee. :D

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I go to the Starbucks in Plainfield on a pretty regular basis. i will be there that day and I will be sure to OC.

Who else is in! I would love to fill a couple tables for a bit. Nothing like guns and coffee!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. It's still off-limits here, as such things go in the Classifieds and something for sale requires an asking price.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate the pointer, as you're correct. It would be an auction, thus legal, but still in violation of INGO rules, so the most you get here is a :yesway: for trying to do something good and a :nono: for the :rules:
    Oh. And a rep for good info.

Blessings,
    Bill

Actually, I was going for a raffle. Spend a buck on a ticket for a chance to win it. That would likely make more money for a charity than running it through an auction.

Looks like that is a game of chance. I can't do it without the proper gov't issued papers. :xmad:

Maybe I can figure something else out.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This is the kind of crap they have on their facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/GunVictimsAction

As far as I can tell, this "network of 14 million" is one George Soros minion sitting alone in an office with a laptop.

thumbnail.aspx

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    As far as I can tell, this "network of 14 million" is one George Soros minion sitting alone in an office with a laptop.

thumbnail.aspx

And pro gun people are the only ones commenting on any of the posts. ;)

I fully expected my post to be deleted. Imagine my surprise when I checked back in.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I think my closest one is at 116th & Keystone, although I'm certainly willing to travel farther.

If anyone wants to meet at that one or another one in this neck of the woods drop me a line.

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    I am not even that big of a Starbucks fan, but since I found out about there position on OC a few years back, they get about $25 in business from me a week. My local Starbucks is on 126th and Meridian and I offen see folks OC there.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I am not even that big of a Starbucks fan, but since I found out about there position on OC a few years back, they get about $25 in business from me a week. My local Starbucks is on 126th and Meridian and I offen see folks OC there.

We have run into each there on my monthly Starbucks run for the wife.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I jusr went to their web site and sent this on their contact us link for corporate contact.

It has come to my attention that a small group of anti-civil rights activists are calling for a boycott of your company on Valentine's Day.
    Starbucks has communicated a policy that local stores are to use local laws pertaining to the civil, and more importantly, our God given right to self protection. Starbucks should be lauded for respecting that right and I want to first express my gratitude for your establishing this common sense policy.

Second, I will be visiting my local store that day to show my support for your policy.

Third, I am contacting my friends, neighbors and relatives to do so as well.

Finally, the Indiana Gun Owners forum is rallying support as well. This forum has over 19,000 members and we hope to get every last one of us into one of your stores at least once on that day.

If you care to see what is being discussed there, go to:https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/191625-starbucks_needs_our_help.html

Thanks for your time.

I just did the exact same thing with a link back here. I've never been in one but I definitely will when possible now. Bet my wife would love a good hot chocolate on V-day.

Top Bottom