• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm surprised everyone is saying they are so reliable. The only one I've had the pleasure to try probably malfunctioned 1 in 5 rounds. Albeit that was a few years back. Have they improved?

And for a "trunk gun" wouldn't one be better off with an old S&W revolver, or even a Rock Island revolver?

I've only ever had a hi-point fail with cheap rounds. If you buy a cheap gun, feed it good ammo. It made a difference.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    i here a lot of good and bad about the hi point and yes ther bag but i dont see how ther so bad ya thay had a bad jaming probolem but now ther ok ,i would like to heir what you have to say

thanks.....

Based on your linguistic aptitude, I think you're the perfect Hi-Point owner.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    And for a "trunk gun" wouldn't one be better off with an old S&W revolver, or even a Rock Island revolver?[/QUOTE]

I coonfingered one of those rock island revolvers the other day. Looked like it was machined by chimps. Trigger was all notchy and vague like the shifter on a volkswagon bug.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Don't own a Hi-Point, but MOST folks I've heard from that do speak very, very well of them.

As a carry gun, maybe not, due to their heaviness. But as a nightstand gun or a range plinker, if I was looking for something inexpensive with a good reputation, they'd certainly be worth consideration.

Just my :twocents: YMMV, as always.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This is a pretty good review of Hipoints from someone who loudly proclaims that he wishes he could hate the pistol.

[video=youtube;tkq7WdB-0LA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq7WdB-0LA[/video]

I've owned a Hipoint in the past, as well as an Iberia (HP precursor). Neither were particularly reliable, but we are talking probably 15 to 17 years ago when I got them, both used, from a pawn shop selling cheap handguns at the 1500. I've heard they've gotten better in their current iterations.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    sorry that you think your so much better than me

I don't think I'm better than anyone, but if you want someone to put some effort into providing the information you want to have, it's on the courteous side of things to make your question somewhat legible.

i here a lot of good and bad about the hi point and yes ther bag but i dont see how ther so bad ya thay had a bad jaming probolem but now ther ok ,i would like to heir what you have to say

That makes me think you're here to troll the forum or inebriated.

I hear a lot of good and bad about hi-points. I've heard they have a lot of jamming problems, but others who actually own them claim they're OK. What's your opinion?

That would make me think you're actually looking for information. I mean seriously: "Yes ther bag", did you just smack your head into the keyboard to see what would happen?

Personally, I wouldn't trust a hi-point as a self defense weapon based on some personal experience seeing them out at various ranges....and for just a little bit more money, you can get a firearm that is significantly more reliable on average. That said, I don't think they're actually a danger to the user, so if it's just a range toy go for it. It would also make one heck of a melee weapon if the need arises.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think I'm better than anyone, but if you want someone to put some effort into providing the information you want to have, it's on the courteous side of things to make your question somewhat legible.

That makes me think you're here to troll the forum or inebriated.

That would make me think you're actually looking for information. I mean seriously: "Yes ther bag", did you just smack your head into the keyboard to see what would happen?

Personally, I wouldn't trust a hi-point as a self defense weapon based on some personal experience seeing them out at various ranges. That said, I don't think they're actually a danger to the user, so if it's just a range toy go for it. It would also make one heck of a melee weapon if the need arises.

I'm saying you got a point, but you got a point.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I own a hi point c9. It is more reliable than the Ruger LC380 I have. I own multiple guns, various price ranges and manufacturers. The hi point for the price is a great gun. It needs a little breaking in and tweaking, but if it is all you can afford, it is better than calling 911 and hiding in the closet and hoping the police show up before you are killed by an intruder. Most people that bash hi points have never ever shot one. The just regurgitate what they here at Gander Mountain. It's not an ideal carry gun, but it is better than walking around with nothing. Just my 2 cents.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    The C380 was the first semi auto hand gun I bought. I have the compensator on mine. I have fired hundreds of rounds through it with no issue. Recoil is extremely mild. I have also fired the C9 and have no complaints with it either. I keep wanting to get one of the carbines and a C45. Heck, I might as well get one in each caliber as affordable as they are and the good experience I have had with the first two.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I've never owned or shot one but I hear good things from owners of them. If its what you can afford now then by all means a gun is better than no gun.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Never shot one, because they're ugly as sin. I would rather save a little bit longer and get me a gun that I like and am not embarrassed to carry. However, if it intrigues you, look into it. Go try one, go try others. Find something that works for you and for your purposes and get that. If you're looking at them because they're cheap, there are others around that price point. KelTecs for instance, shut up KelTec haters. They're smaller, easier to carry, etc. I have a few friends who carry them when off duty, if they're good enough for an off duty LEO, they're good enough for me. I don't have one, because they aren't my cup of tea, but if I did have one, I wouldn't hesitate to carry it.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    I have the 9mm Hi-Point. Have fired a bunch of rounds thru it and it has never failed. But.....I did buff the feed ramp as soon as I bought it. Did that make the difference.....who knows but it worked fine.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    sorry that you think your so much better than me

Don't take too much from those guys. There's always a few who're gonna act like that. Just like you did in 7th grade, best just to ignore them.\

I've never shot a High Point pistol, but I've had a High Point 995 carbine for a couple of years and it's my favorite range gun. I'd watch the NutnFancy video about the pistol if I was interested in getting one. I know a guy whose funny about having to always have bada$$ stuff to shoot, and I've always thought it'd be funny to have a High Point pistol to take with me if he ever invites me to shoot with his friends, just to see the look on his face.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I had a 9mm Hi-Point- got it when I was new to guns and needed something cheap as I had just got out of college, and didn't know what I do now. I even made the mistake of purchasing it from Don's. The gun though was awful as it kept jamming and could never get it to function properly no matter what type of ammunition I used. (Luckily I switched job and met someone who got me going in the right direction). I would recommend considering something besides a hi-point based off of my experience but I know others who have them and have had no issues.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom