• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Before this thread I totally believed they had a secret policy on this. I hadn't considered the RO just being a fudd. I believe that is a distinct possibility.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well wtf. I'll write an email to corporate tomorrow. That's just BS. Can't wait until Beech Grove Firearms Range opens up again.

I always prefer shooting outside, but sometimes that's not practical.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Before this thread I totally believed they had a secret policy on this. I hadn't considered the RO just being a fudd. I believe that is a distinct possibility.

Good point, but let me offer one critical caveat. My experience has been that, while there can be that proverbial bad apple in a good barrel, by and large if you have an asshat pushing a broom, you have an asshat in the CEO's office, and most everywhere in between. Most all employees will conform to a basic corporate culture and those who do not conform to that standard, be it good or bad, will be driven out one way or another. My guess is that, especially with the manager jumping in first and thinking later, that you have run into the nasty underbelly of the corporate culture. It may well not be a 'secret policy' per se, but could reflect an internal cultural influence toward Fuddism enforced by ejecting people who don't dance their dance.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ihre papiere, bitte.

Its sad to see how many in the gun community are not on the side of the gun owner. And ignorance abounds.

I watched a friend of a friend at Tim's last night nearly get denied use of Tula pistol ammo, because reasons. Apparently the employee thought it had a steel core??? Lot of fail on that one. Finally he was convinced it was ok, after throwing a hissy fit, and the rest of the night was great.

That was my second trip to Tim's, and both trips have been very positive, save for that one employee. I'd go there, instead of Point Blank.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can one say that the Purple Pachyderm will not patronize a place of pretentious perfidy?

Positively! it would be preposterous for him to purchase any property from those preposterous purveyors!

Written contracts normally do not allow any verbal alterations, even before they are signed/agreed to, unless explicitly provided for in the contract. I would have told them I expected my money back since they breached the terms of our agreement.

Yeah, those disclaimers are often contrary to law and unenforceable. Even if enforceable, they don't magically get you out of your contract obligations.

THIS! I would have asked for a refund since you were prevented from using the facilities as you wished within the scope of the contract and posted rules. You violated no rule, at least none that were posted.

I'd gladly trade a range full of cans for one jackwagon with an AK or Barett at the indoor range.

I'd love to hear an official statement from corporate as to why they think they are special and deserve to inspect confidential tax documents. Is it REALLY that easy to get cans via black market? And whats it to them? Not like its any skin off their nose if somebody is using their range with an illegal can. Right? Why not ask to see a bill of sale for every gun in use too? :rolleyes:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

We'll put them on double-secret INGO probation. :ingo::shady::shady:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Was just talking to a friend about VUPD's experience at this Point Blank. The general consensus, after having been there several times now, is that Point Blank is a Gander Mountain patron's range so it's hard for me to expect more than GM customer service or employee knowledge. This comment being made after several visits to the range and sales floor and helping a friend buy several firearms.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Was just talking to a friend about VUPD's experience at this Point Blank. The general consensus, after having been there several times now, is that Point Blank is a Gander Mountain patron's range so it's hard for me to expect more than GM customer service or employee knowledge. This comment being made after several visits to the range and sales floor and helping a friend buy several firearms.

You, you, you're an ENABLER ?????

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom