Wearing a tac vest at the range, douche or not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have been known to go to the range wearing my interceptor armor, with m4 mag holds on it. It serves 2 purposes....

Armor is not a bad thing to wear at the range when you see how some people handle firearms at public ranges.
    And yes from time to time people get shot by idiots who never heard of the four safety rules.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What brand? UTG or the real thing? I wear won to a range just to keep my mags organized.

Doesn't really matter the brand.
    Some people will make fun of you no matter what you wear.
    If you have a UTG they will tell you that you look like a douche with your "airsoft vest", if you get "the real deal" they will tell you that you look like a douche pretending to be "the real deal". :rolleyes:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Doesn't really matter the brand.
    Some people will make fun of you no matter what you wear.
    If you have a UTG they will tell you that you look like a douche with your "airsoft vest", if you get "the real deal" they will tell you that you look like a douche pretending to be "the real deal". :rolleyes:

So.... Either way we're all d-bags one way or another if we wear a vest to the range? LOL.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So.... Either way we're all d-bags one way or another if we wear a vest to the range? LOL.

Not only that but if you dont wear one you dont know what you are doing and probably bought your first gun yesterday. :rolleyes:

What I have learn from this thread is to either ignore what people think of you or dont go to public ranges.

No vest: "Come one you need a vest, all the tacticool guys wear one, do you even know how to hold the gun the right way?"
    UTG vest: "Are you going to play airsoft with your vest, get the real deal man."
    Blackhwak vest: "You think you are so cool with your fancy vest? Come one you are not a Navy Seal, either get a UTG vest or no vest at all."

You get the picture. :D

But of course those things dont apply to the guys telling you all that.
    They are über cool no matter what they do. :cool:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Go as Batman

It's not a fashion show. If you're going to the range to enjoy yourself, dress up like Batman if that's what makes you happy. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

423227_251961454894011_199020000188157_528900_532882120_n.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's not a fashion show. If you're going to the range to enjoy yourself, dress up like Batman if that's what makes you happy. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
    I would probably fall over if I walked into an indoor range and saw somebody in a full Batman suit, cape and all.

I think it would be hilarious to go to a range dressed as a banana. I have no idea why but I would so do it.
    If you do, make sure pictures are taken.

atazmann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    jeffersonville
    not douchey at all (i have the same vest same configuration i take to the range) everything is right where you need it no digging through a big mid string for the mag you forgot to get out and my water bottle clips nicely on the side.
    and yes banana suit pictures are necessary

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you plan on using one during a Bug Out, wearing one at the range will help you get use to one. If anyone snickers at you, just grin and feel sorry for them. Just don't go around acting like some commando ninja and you'll be fine.

I wish we would of had some of the gear back in the 60s and 70s like we have today.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It depends, if they also have a balding mullet, weigh 400 lbs, and drive some sort of zombie proofed diamond plate minivan covered in Rush Limbaugh stickers and show up to the 25 yard line to fire a .50 Cal Barrett, then maybe. Usually the same guy to completely ignore other people and walk down range when it's hot or fire while others are down there.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    If you plan on using one during a Bug Out, wearing one at the range will help you get use to one. If anyone snickers at you, just grin and feel sorry for them. Just don't go around acting like some commando ninja and you'll be fine.

I wish we would of had some of the gear back in the 60s and 70s like we have today.

I'll presume from your screen name you are a Vietnam vet.
    Its because of what you went through that we have tha 'tac' gear of today. And I agree, it would have been nice if you guys had that gear back then.
    Thank you for for your service....

Continue to stay safe

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom