Are females in this country really that bad off?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I think it is a complicated issue.
    I work in a union.
    Man or woman, you are paid the same.... for the same job.

If you are a millwright at #2 Continuous Caster, you make the same base pay because you're a millwright, and the same incentive, because you both work at the same place.

Problem is, a majority, not all, just a majority, of the women work in fields that are either... less dangerous, office work, better environment, etc.
    So, a majority aren't a millwright, or really any of the maintenance crafts.
    They aren't in a shop like #2 caster, or if they do, they're in a office.
    If they work in the shop, they tend towards forklift operator, or even crane operator.

A few that decided they wanted more $$ went into the area/job with more $$.
    But, often have to have someone else to the job. For instance, the 121 steelpourer has to stay, to lift the +50 pound hydraulic cylinder that operates the ladle gate. So, he has to do his job, and part of hers.

But..
    even this argument falls apart.

A few years ago, my Union Griever was a woman, who was one of the first women ironworkers in the field.
    If there was no bathroom, as there often isn't, she'd pee into the pipe like everyone else. Well, not "quite", but she did.
    She could kick quite a few asses, including mine I'm sure.
    At my hearing for 5 days off, she threatened to... oops, probably shouldn't put that in print.
    Suffice to say, she scared everyone.
    The security guard at the gate where we were going in for my hearing told her she needed to fill out a new form they had.
    She asked for the form.
    He said... they haven't printed it yet.
    I thought she was going to reach out of the van through the window and twist his lollypop head off.

She worked hard. Out carried, out worked, out everything'd to most people.

And I've worked with guys that didn't "carry their own weight".

So.. it's complicated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has never ceased to amaze me the blind loyalty the quote-unquote feminists have to old Slick Willie. Hillary enabled his behavior and destroyed the lives of women who spoke up against Bill. Is 24/7 abortion availability what passes as "women's rights"?? I saw one interviewed today who's main beef was having to use HER sick time to care for a sick child. Extra leave for children is now a human right? This wasn't a problem until now? I dunno, a lot of emotion, zero-balance on the logic.

Spouse and I both worked well over full time job hours. She and I raised my 3 and our 2 kids with no "Special" treatment. We have used up all our Vacation time dealing with lifes issues and just worked through it.
    These special self important butt brains twist up the meaning of their "Rights" to fit the issue of the moment.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's sad what the female has become in this country. I don't want my wife to be my slave or ruled by me, but I do want her to be feminine and handle things most women are better at and me things men are good at or try to be. Women ARE the weaker vessels and through genetics their feminine and softer persons is what attracts men to them.
    i never have liked most women in power possitions I've personaly dealt with. (Speaking from my own experiences here and not talking about all women) but they have acted more harsh like they always had a chip on their shoulder or had to be showy jn order to take all credit, waaaay over reacted over what others would think as small things. Were very tricky and entrapped people by turning on flirt to relax their pray and then pounce at the moment the guard was down. I could think of more but what's the point? But if you even look at them wrong they think you want to have sex with them or are harassing them. They use being a woman when it helps them and they don't want to be a woman when it helps them. It's like playing the race card.
    if you wanna be a man or a butch woman then do it but you can't have it both ways.
    A lot of women want equality but they want us to lower the standards so they can meat them. That isn't equality that's preferential treatment. That's what minorities are getting through businesses and police departments and fire departments. They lower the standards in order to make exceptions for people who really aren't qulified for the job. I'm not saying their aren't enough minorities or women who aren't qualified but maybe they don't want that job, so then you just pass by qualified people in order to fulfill a magic percentage given to you by the govt to ensure equality. Well that's why our country is in the ****ing toilet. We've dumbed everything down by lowering the standards. Same for our schools.
    I hope trump keeps ignoring these crybabies. He need to just do what he knows needs done and the people who earn their way will be taken care of and also I'm sure people who don't earn it but need help. But mob rule isn't gonna work on this man and that's why I love him so much. A republic is the opposite of mob rule (democracy)
    my wife is my equal but we are each better at certain things. Like a fireman that drives the front of the truck and the one that stears the rear. They are both just as important to get the truck where it needs to go and have to work together

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After the women's "rights" march

16115021_10154722882481638_5003990000739507631_n.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Some aren`t exactly clear on what they`re "protesting", other than there`s some vague "feeling" that there`s something they don`t like. One gal claimed they`re protesting everything from disrespect for gay rights, abortion, and just a nasty civility across the country. Bottom line is this; their values are not mine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some of the signs and comments during interviews makes my head hurt.

Woman's rights. Gay rights. How is this any different than the rights afforded me and mine under the constitution.

Strikes me as an attempt to generate another protected class.

This **** is getting so old.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The mainstream media censored the curse words and nasty things coming out of the women's mouths also what their signs said. They claimed this is one of the nicest and well mannered protesters they've ever seen. Bull ****ing ****!! Flat out lies! Hell Madonna that Nasty **** talked about hurting the president. Hell her just being in proximity of the White House probably gave everyone a std.
    if I was Trump I wouldn't even respond or acknowledge these women or their chants. Calling him illegitimate (and worse) and then wanting things in the same breath. **** them. Seriously, put them in shipping crates and sent them to Russia to be sex slaves.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some of the signs and comments during interviews makes my head hurt.

Woman's rights. Gay rights. How is this any different than the rights afforded me and mine under the constitution.

Strikes me as an attempt to generate another protected class.

This **** is getting so old.
    yeah they want to have their constitutional rights which they don't even know what those are
    but in the same breath they say trump lost the popular vote and is illegitimate but the constitution gives us an electoral college. So **** the rest of the constitution as long as they get theirs lol

sailordave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    North Porter County
    Top Bottom