• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Is it safe to say that among non-Jews, Evangelicals form a large base of support for Israel?
    I could not say with any certainty...since I have not researched it. But if I had to wager a guess...yes, probably so. But again...that would be just a guess on my part...strictly IMO.

I find it odd that we argue that God, Himself gives us the right to have guns...but we don't take seriously other things HE has to say. :dunno: I guess we use it to our advantage to suit our needs.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I could not say with any certainty...since I have not researched it. But if I had to wager a guess...yes, probably so. But again...that would be just a guess on my part...strictly IMO.

Thanks for an honest answer.

I find it odd that we argue that God, Himself gives us the right to have guns.

You may. I don't. I think God despises guns.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Thanks for an honest answer.
    Now...if I may ask you a question? Do you believe in God? If so...how do you feel about the passages I quoted concerning Israel? In a strictly non-political way, of course. Do you believe that God has a plan for the Israelites? Do you think that the path of Israel is already mapped out?

And if you don't believe in God...that's fine...I understand that not everyone does. Far be it from me to pass judgment. That's not my job.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I find it odd that we argue that God, Himself gives us the right to have guns...but we don't take seriously other things HE has to say. :dunno: I guess we use it to our advantage to suit our needs.

I think there is a difference between natural rights (law) endowed by the creator, whomever that may be in your case, and biblical canon/text. Religious text can differ from religion to religion but natural law stands pat. In some cases, natural law is usurped by religion.

/end threadjack

I don't have much to add to this thread but feel as I should seeing how I just committed a threadjack.

It does make me uneasy how quickly those that question the United State's support of Israel get labeled anti-semites. Some probably are, but it seems we are quick to jump to that conclusion. With the amount of aid we contribute to all the players involved in this mess, I think not questioning blind support is the faulty position. The issue is far from black and white as one poster in this thread has stated. Something that has gone on for as long as problems in the ME have, make it entirely impossible to judge a right and wrong. Many times, the cycle of violence blinds those involved and makes the situation personal. Hamas lobs a few rockets, kills some Israelis. Israel levels a settlement. What the players involved see is they killed us, so we kill some of them in retaliation.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Here's how it works: first, you gather the facts, then you see where those facts lead you. If the facts lead to a point, then you make it.

It seems you start in the reverse order.

:n00b: THAT'S your answer? Instead of answering, well, ANY of the questions I've posed to you IIRC in this thread you attack my logic and reasoning?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    What?!? Five people were killed in the Boston Massacre, and we teach that event to all our schoolchildren. I don't want to see humanity's standards be lowered.

Massacre is what would have happened if they had opened up with their gunships on that boat. I am trying to describe mild versus hard. You can argue that those troops should not have been there, and you are, but you cannot begin to describe this as a full application of force or massacre.

This could have been much worse if the Israelis had wanted to take off the gloves. And sadly, they may do the math and decide going mild wins them little and next time they just do it the other way.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Oh, come on. Don't act so put out. You load up your post with a bucket of irony and arrogance and act shocked when I note the PKB content?

When one thinks of Israel and aggression, one does not credibly think of Israel as a victim.

At least not in other countries.

My points were serious. I'm not put out at all, I feel no emotion towards you.

You are not making an argument. You incite, then fire off snotty comments, then retreat. Like one of those little dogs who bites larger dogs on the back leg, and then runs away when they turn around.

Have some guts.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

This is my first post in this thread.

I dont argue that GOD gave me anything. We were born with the rights we have as Americans, no GOD gave them to us. Fellow Americans are the ones who have fought and died so that we can keep them.

just had to point that out. maybe you will argue that GOD gave you your rights (and that is fine, and your right that I respect), but many of us dont argue that, so please respect us too. No disrespect meant, just keepin it in perspective.

I believe Israel has the right to protect itself. the same as we Americans do. If I were president we would be launching raids into Mexico and finishing the drug cartels off that mysteriously seem to run that turd of a country. Just like Mexico poses a threat to the U.S., the same is true about the palastinians to Israel. Israel needs to issue a warning for all the women and children and other innocents to leave, and then they just need to go in there and decimate the whole crap piece of land.

we wory so much now days about one innocent person being killed in a conflict. its so stupid, because look at how many civilians are always killed in big wars. accidents happen, so what, if its realy an accident. what else can you do?? if your shooting at a private and safe range and your round ricochets and hits a kid in the head is that your fault if you hit the target and then that happened??? i dont think so, but its still traggic.

israel is under attack by a breed of humans that more resemble animals. they are born to hate Israel and trained to kill from birth. Id say its not unreasonable for Israel to wanna decimate those animals. I would want to as well. The only difference between Israel and our current government is that Israel has the balls to do it.

this arguement is not about religion, so lets keep it factual ad leave god out of it.

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Somehow, I'm not seeing the OP's stuff anymore, except in quotes. But I don't want to break anyone's supposed rules of netiquette and say how. Anyway, my world feels a little brighter.

I don't know about anyone else, and I'm not a moderator, but I think that anyone who declares that God hates guns should probably be banned from a gun forum. Since I can't do that, I can at least do what I can do.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    My points were serious. I'm not put out at all, I feel no emotion towards you.

You are not making an argument. You incite, then fire off snotty comments, then retreat. Like one of those little dogs who bites larger dogs on the back leg, and then runs away when they turn around.

Have some guts.

Not likely! At least I have seen no evidence of that much maturity and intestinal fortitude evident thus far. :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Israel has no right to a blockade of Palestinian waters or of international waters.

Israel has every right to the blockade under the Oslo Accords/DOP which the Palestians agreed to.

Again, once a vessel has manifested its intent to run a blockade it matters not where the Israelis board the vessel.

Israel was in the right under the law. The fact that there were not far more dead shows an incredible restraint on the part of the Israelis. I believe the next blockade runner will not be treated with such kid gloves.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And the moral of the story?

12jew-jitsu.jpg

And we have a winner! :rockwoot: I need some rep to hand out! DANG IT! :):

I can't believe this thread was started to bash Israel. Someone needs to stick their head in the toilet and flush.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom